Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Have you seen Russ play defense the last 8yrs? Did you see him this year? There is no way CJ could be worse than that. And he's not, he actually has situational awareness. And lol at Russ being one of the "greatest playmakers in history" :bryan:

The nikka averages nearly 5 turnovers a game so lemme know which metric you using.
Being turnover prone and being a great playmaker aren't mutually exclusive. Most players are going to turn the ball over if the ball is in their hands frequently. Magic Johnson averaged 4 TO's per game over his career.

That being said, I'd agree with CJ being a better player than Russ at the moment.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Have you seen Russ play defense the last 8yrs? Did you see him this year? There is no way CJ could be worse than that. And he's not, he actually has situational awareness. And lol at Russ being one of the "greatest playmakers in history" :bryan:

The nikka averages nearly 5 turnovers a game so lemme know which metric you using.
This is the shyt I'm talking about!!! And nikkas are dapping you! Magic Johnson averaged 3.9 turnovers per game in his career. Russ is averaging 4.1 What are you even talking about? This is what I mean. nikkas just saying things and creating false narratives with no data.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I didn't say he was a good defender. I said him as a defender>Russ. Because that's how bad Russ is on defense. If CJ is a turnstile what do you call Russ?
The pelicans had a near identical defensive rating to the Lakers despite having a younger team with more continuity. Where was CJ bolstering anyone's defense? Russ is Top 10 all time in steals. So I'm going to roll with him regardless. The area where I would consider Russ' defense to be lacking is "team" defense. But when he's locked in on ball he's very good.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ingram is the one that should hurt y’all too see. That guy looks like KD sometimes when I watch him play.

Ball, Randle, Kuzma, even Russell are all replaceable but Ingram is the one.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Blazers are trading Dame. We need to finesse them and give them Russ' expiring contract and some draft picks for Dame.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Blazers are trading Dame. We need to finesse them and give them Russ' expiring contract and some draft picks for Dame.
after their trade deadline this year, I am sure they are gonna ask for overpay to not look bad. They have to win that trade lol

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
It will be interesting he'll be 32 in July.
Some team will be desperate, I think Blazers requirement will be at least 1 decent young guy. I wonder if we could have really made that trade last summer when LeBron/AD asked him and he said no. We could have gave 3 1st round picks, Kuzma and still tricked them with THT lol