Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
He actually improved their record by a 10 game pace. They were 10 games under 500 without him and a 500 team with him...so how they did they struggle? And CJ as a playmaker and defender>>>Russ. Plus he gets straight buckets and is damn near an elite shooter. And you're asking how would he help Bron and AD:stopitslime:
Bro stop. Russ by every metric is one of the greatest playmakers in league history. And CJ is not a better defender. You’re just writing words.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Bro stop. Russ by every metric is one of the greatest playmakers in league history. And CJ is not a better defender. You’re just writing words.

Russ needs the ball in his hands to be effective...McCollum can play off the ball and still make an impact on offense.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
kuz can put the ball in the basket, how did that work out? What about BI?
Kuz and BI played great with Lebron. Lebron, Kuz, Ingram, and Lonzo were 15-8 in the 23 games games played together.. 54 win pace.

Not sure why ppl keep bringing up Nunn like he is.some difference maker. He is just a solid 6th man scorer that is aight at best on defense, not much of a playmaker.

He basically duplicates what Monk gives but at a lesser level
He's a better player than Monk. Higher IQ and passable on defense.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Russ needs the ball in his hands to be effective...McCollum can play off the ball and still make an impact on offense.
So what if he does? nikkas are so weird talking about players' flaws. nikka EVERY player has "flaws". But that's not the word y'all use to talk about everyone else. That word only comes out with Russ. You would think the league is full of nikkas that can do any and everything. No. If Russ is effective with the ball in his hand leading the offense, then a competent GM build a team that maximizes those strengths and minimize the weaknesses. There's nothing confusing about this. It's no different than what GSW had to do to unlock Steph. But take Draymond away and he's just a nikka that shoots trick shots.

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps

Have you seen Russ play defense the last 8yrs? Did you see him this year? There is no way CJ could be worse than that. And he's not, he actually has situational awareness. And lol at Russ being one of the "greatest playmakers in history" :bryan:

The nikka averages nearly 5 turnovers a game so lemme know which metric you using.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Have you seen Russ play defense the last 8yrs? Did you see him this year? There is no way CJ could be worse than that. And he's not, he actually has situational awareness. And lol at Russ being one of the "greatest playmakers in history" :bryan:

The nikka averages nearly 5 turnovers a game so lemme know which metric you using.
Breh that dude ain’t watching no actual games, he probably just loves following basketball metrics and stats

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
Kuz and BI played great with Lebron. Lebron, Kuz, Ingram, and Lonzo were 15-8 in the 23 games games played together.. 54 win pace.

He's a better player than Monk. Higher IQ and passable on defense.

Pfft....i watched him lose minutes in Miami due to making boneheaded plays. He aint no cerebral player and any improvement on D over Monk aint significant

He is a solid bench scorer who can get hot and not totally shyt the bed on D. Not saying he camt be useful but he aint movin the needle. Yall have a lot of holes.....some fans be actin like he the fix

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
hornets will most likely also fire there coach...

is everyone waiting till after finals to start coaching search?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
is everyone waiting till after finals to start coaching search?

makes sense…some coaches might get let go if their teams underperform in the playoffs…snyder and rivers potentially since I heard their names pop up a few times

OT but quin snyder looks like a coked up tom holland 30 years into the future lmao

Mars

Superstar
Daps
So what if he does? nikkas are so weird talking about players' flaws. nikka EVERY player has "flaws". But that's not the word y'all use to talk about everyone else. That word only comes out with Russ. You would think the league is full of nikkas that can do any and everything. No. If Russ is effective with the ball in his hand leading the offense, then a competent GM build a team that maximizes those strengths and minimize the weaknesses. There's nothing confusing about this. It's no different than what GSW had to do to unlock Steph. But take Draymond away and he's just a nikka that shoots trick shots.

The intention of my comment wasn't to bash Russ. It was a response to your question...("How would he help with AD and Bron missing that many games?")...I was just pointing out how McCollum could help the Lakers.

As I said in one of my previous comments..."The Lakers had bigger problems than Russ"

* 2 holes in the starting lineup
* Weak/old bench
* AD missing games
* Coach Vogel

Pfft....i watched him lose minutes in Miami due to making boneheaded plays. He aint no cerebral player and any improvement on D over Monk aint significant

He is a solid bench scorer who can get hot and not totally shyt the bed on D. Not saying he camt be useful but he aint movin the needle. Yall have a lot of holes.....some fans be actin like he the fix

Yes, Nunn does move the needle because the Lakers would've made the play-in game. I'm not saying he's a world-beater but he would've filled one of those holes that the Lakers had

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

It's not Monk you should be comparing him to. The Lakers played Westbrook 2700 minutes, THT 1500 minutes, and Bradley 1400 minutes last year. THOSE are the minutes that Nunn would have cut into and it would have been a significant improvement.

If Nunn had played 2000 or so minutes last year and took them away from those three guys it would have been a meaningful improvement as well as increasing the team's continuity at guard over the season.

But you're right it's silly to talk about him too much because AD + LBJ missed a combined 70 games is what sunk the season, losing Nunn for 80 was just added pressure.

And CJ as a playmaker and defender>>>Russ. Plus he gets straight buckets and is damn near an elite shooter. And you're asking how would he help Bron and AD:stopitslime:

CJ would be a huge improvement over Russ cause of his shooting and non-sabotage tendencies but this "defender" thing is pure cap. You're just assuming that because Russ is so bad but CJ is a fukking turnstyle just watching his man go by him. Legit one of the worst defenders in the league.

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
CJ would be a huge improvement over Russ cause of his shooting and non-sabotage tendencies but this "defender" thing is pure cap. You're just assuming that because Russ is so bad but CJ is a fukking turnstyle just watching his man go by him. Legit one of the worst defenders in the league.

I didn't say he was a good defender. I said him as a defender>Russ. Because that's how bad Russ is on defense. If CJ is a turnstile what do you call Russ?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I didn't say he was a good defender. I said him as a defender>Russ. Because that's how bad Russ is on defense. If CJ is a turnstile what do you call Russ?

Disengaged.

Trust me as a Portland fan and as someone who consistently despises Russ's defense. I legit can't say that C.J.'s any better at all. (That being said I haven't watched him on New Orleans but I don't it's improved.)