Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Seriously though he should be a good addition next season if he's health.

You and I both know he won’t be health
8W0gYh8.png

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
:scust: :mjlol: :merchant:

Lakers wanted DeMar DeRozan to take huge paycut to join last offseason
Because we nearly hit our one-month mark before having a new repackaging of DeMar DeRozan rumors, Fischer also dropped a nugget on him on his podcast as well.

From what I’ve been told time and again by people in and around the Lakers is that they did not want to take on someone who’d be having guaranteed 3-year max-type salary that would hardcap them and limit their flexibility. So, the deal that DeMar got in Chicago he was not getting with the Lakers. I remember even hearing that Lakers people were trying to convince DeMar to take the minimum or a Kendrick Nunn deal to try come and be a supporting cast guy which, obviously, he had no interest in doing.

The Lakers not wanting to be hard-capped makes sense. But thinking that DeRozan would or should take a minimum deal or even a deal worth $10 million over two years when he signed a deal worth $82 million is either a gross miscalculation of DeRozan’s ability or his market value and I’m not sure which is more concerning moving forward.

Who is doin the contracts this is crazy.. Derozan has averaged 20 ppg for 9 straight seasons and you want this guy to play for some minimum role player shyt :what:

Who is responsible for this??

Last edited: