Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
According to Bleacher Report’s Eric Pincus, the Lakers executive is free from blame for this season’s failure. Instead, those at the top are looking at injuries, Russell Westbrook, and LeBron James for his influence in trading for Westbrook.

[Jeanie] Buss relies heavily on the council of Linda and Kurt Rambis—professional and personal relationships that go back several decades. That, too, isn't likely to change.

The buzz around the league suggests general manager Rob Pelinka has another year to get the Lakers back on track. The blame internally appears to be focused on injuries, Russell Westbrook and LeBron James for pressuring the team to trade for Westbrook.

Rob basically said suck his dikk. This shyt ain't his fault. :mjlol:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Rob letting his nuts hang :russ:

I honestly don't blame him. I'm pretty sure a lot of GMs and VPBOs be feeling like this but are pressured by owners to "take the high road".

In this case, it seems like it's brass against LeBron and the brass isn't afraid to point the finger.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
I can see from his perspective why he would see it that way. He def has his share of blame but there's only so much you can do when Klutch got a gun to your head.

He shares some part of it for caving when we had other deals that may have made more sense. But yeah Klutch is known for throwing out ultimatums so it doesn't give management much room to operate.

That's part of the reason why I believe Kyrie didn't mind leaving Cleveland.

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
Sources say that the Pacers have also left numerous rival teams with the impression that they will be trying to move Malcolm Brogdon this offseason when Brogdon is finally eligible again to be dealt. League rules precluded Brogdon from being moved this season after a two-year, $45 million extension he received in October took the overall value of Brogdon’s contract to nearly $90 million over four years.

The Pacers aren’t done, either. It was assumed for much of the season that Myles Turner would be the big man traded away rather than the All-Star Sabonis. Indiana must now decide whether to extend Turner’s contract or resume a trade push; league sources indicate that Indiana, as it heads into an early summer, wants to keep Turner.

Another option that could (stress: could) present itself provided the Pacers like the idea: The Lakers have a well-documented interest in Buddy Hield, who came to Indiana along with Haliburton in the Sabonis trade, and might well offer Russell Westbrook and his $47.1 million expiring contract for Hield and Brogdon. With the Pacers presumed to have no interest in Westbrook beyond his expiring salary, such a swap figures to hinge on what sort of draft compensation the Lakers would be willing to furnish to sweeten the deal for the Pacers to participate and then (we can only imagine) part ways with Westbrook. – via Marc Stein @ marcstein.substack.com

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I see we brought back the Bad Cac Mac 10….:wow:

Went on sabbatical to learn scrappy cac play from Caruso McClain the Last Caction Hero and now he’s returned to join HBK in Boss Angeles. Time to build this youth movement brehs…
gP4sKcU.png

Mars

Superstar
Daps
I wouldn't be concerned about LBJ missing games. Some of these injuries were just bad luck (Landing on another player's foot...Another player landing on Lebron's leg).......The one positive about Lebron's injuries is that he always seems to come back stronger.........I expect Lebron to have a big 20th season.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
That are saying Indy is interested in a Malcolm Brodgon and Hield for Russ trade.

I don't like it. Heild sucks.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I wouldn't be concerned about LBJ missing games. Some of these injuries were just bad luck (Landing on another player's foot...Another player landing on Lebron's leg).......The one positive about Lebron's injuries is that he always seems to come back stronger.........I expect Lebron to have a big 20th season.
All injuries are gonna take longer for him to recover, he’s an old man in basketball years breh. There’s no more “hop up and re-tie the shoe” type of recoveries. All the ticky-tack stuff he could smirk at are gonna take games away going forward. But if he’s gonna take on the role as shooting guard like this season, he needs to let the FO know so they can build around him and AD this off-season. He needs a defined role now because his winning impact in the “Bron-ball” system has waned significantly.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
All injuries are gonna take longer for him to recover, he’s an old man in basketball years breh. There’s no more “hop up and re-tie the shoe” type of recoveries. All the ticky-tack stuff he could smirk at are gonna take games away going forward. But if he’s gonna take on the role as shooting guard like this season, he needs to let the FO know so they can build around him and AD this off-season. He needs a defined role now because his winning impact in the “Bron-ball” system has waned significantly.

IMO there are/were 4-5 issues bigger than Lebron's health (No production from 2 spots in starting lineup, Weak/old bench, Coach Vogel, AD/Nunn injuries, The Front office)

Lebron isn't the only star player who's missed games (105 missed gms in 4 seasons)

Games missed:
Durant- 150 in 4 seasons
Irving- 170 in 5 seasons
Leonard- 244 in 5 seasons
George- 102 in 3 seasons
Curry- 147 in 5 season

And I didn't even mention Thompson, Zion, Morant, or AD.

Lebron takes care of his body. He will have a great 20th season in the NBA.

Last edited:

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
IMO there are/were 4-5 issues bigger than Lebron's health (No production from 2 spots in starting lineup, Weak/old bench, Coach Vogel, AD/Nunn injuries, The Front office)

Lebron isn't the only star player who's missed games (105 missed gms in 4 seasons)

Games missed:
Durant- 150 in 4 seasons
Irving- 170 in 5 seasons
Leonard- 244 in 5 seasons
George- 102 in 3 seasons
Curry- 147 in 5 season

And I didn't even mention Thompson, Zion, Morant, or AD.

Lebron takes care of his body. He will have a great 20th season in the NBA.

And guess what, it’s super hard to win a title when your best player misses significant time :ohhh:

Especially if he has crazy high usage. A more defined role doesn’t mean he’ll have a bad year. He can go get 26ppg and leave the ball handling to the PG, and allow an offense to run as a system, not with him being the system. AD has to be the best player next year and play 70+ games. 25/10 and in the convo for DPOY

Mars

Superstar
Daps
And guess what, it’s super hard to win a title when your best player misses significant time :ohhh:

Especially if he has crazy high usage. A more defined role doesn’t mean he’ll have a bad year. He can go get 26ppg and leave the ball handling to the PG, and allow an offense to run as a system, not with him being the system. AD has to be the best player next year and play 70+ games. 25/10 and in the convo for DPOY

1. That would require AD to be healthy, now wouldn't it?

2. LA won the championship with Lebron being the PG

3. Russ handles the ball just as much as Lebron.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
1. That would require AD to be healthy, now wouldn't it?

2. LA won the championship with Lebron being the PG

3. Russ handles the ball just as much as Lebron.
1. Yes
2. Yep, he had a defined role and wasn’t injured
3. I’m assuming Russ is outta there. If he’s back there’s no chance.