Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
No one likes my ideas but this is my proposal:

Westbrook is untradable unless they're taking back even worse contract or more term. That basically narrows the search down to the Knicks and one other team. The Knicks are in purgatory with their contracts. If you swap Westbrick for Randle, Fournier and Noel, they can start dipping in free agency again in 2023. New York has to take THT in the deal though because Randle and Fournier are terrible contracts...but on the Lakers, off the bench, they COULD be valuable for a year or two.

Utah is gonna flame out in the first round and that Gobert contract looks ghastly going forward. Cap space usually doesn't mean much for them but maybe Ainge and Wade think they can convince someone to play with Mitchell. Swap Westbrick for Gobert, tank for a year and maybe they're back in the mix? Less than 1% chance of this happening but LA has to make that call and I think Utah would at least think about it.

AD has to go too. They can't rely on him to stay healthy. This is two straight years of his injuries derailing the season. Trading him for Lillard makes the most sense if Westbrick is gone and they have some supporting pieces. If not there, maybe Atlanta for Collins, Bogdanovic and something else.

:yeshrug:

Westbrook has to go by any means though. If he can't be moved, nothing else matters.
Westbrook will be waived and stretched

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
The same Steph who couldn't get his squad out of the play ins with 2 chances last year? The Steph that Bron and the Lakers beat in the play in and Bron drained a 3 in the last minute to ultimately win the game? Oh ok breh cool shyt

The same Steph whom before he got hurt fukking up his tail bone he had his team positioned in the 6th seed… doing it with a bunch of g leaguers… dubs lost 10 straight games falling to the play in..

Don’t act dumb bro… Bron can’t even do that shyt

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
lebron being a complete non factor in the 4th again but let @Rhakim tell it im bugging when I say he puts up empty stat padding numbers

Wait that shyt got 10 daps? :laff:

How the fukk is it "stat-padding" to play great for three quarters in a close game? Y'all use that word for anything now. :mjlol:

Vogel played him 40 minutes tonight. Bron has been getting tired late in games like that even since the title season in 2020. I've said that over and over again. He's a 37yo player carrying over 250lbs and today he was coming off an ankle injury besides. How is it surprising that he wasn't effective 40 minutes in?

So now LeBron is stat-padding if:

1. He scores in the first 3 quarters.
2. He scores in the 4th quarter while making a comeback.
3. He scores in the 4th quarter while holding a lead.
4. He scores in the 4th quarter to carry them to a tight win, if he doesn't do it the next game too.

Do I have all the bases covered?

Illin Degenerate

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Utah is gonna flame out in the first round and that Gobert contract looks ghastly going forward. Cap space usually doesn't mean much for them but maybe Ainge and Wade think they can convince someone to play with Mitchell. Swap Westbrick for Gobert, tank for a year and maybe they're back in the mix? Less than 1% chance of this happening but LA has to make that call and I think Utah would at least think about it..
ive read that proposal on here before but next to no chance like you said. i dont view utah as the type of franchise to blow up a winning team non title contender unless their hand is forced. they likely wont make any big decisions until the 2023 offseason because thats going to be their first chance to have any real cap flexibility.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Wait that shyt got 10 daps? :laff:

How the fukk is it "stat-padding" to play great for three quarters in a close game? Y'all use that word for anything now. :mjlol:

Vogel played him 40 minutes tonight. Bron has been getting tired late in games like that even since the title season in 2020. I've said that over and over again. He's a 37yo player carrying over 250lbs and today he was coming off an ankle injury besides. How is it surprising that he wasn't effective 40 minutes in?

So now LeBron is stat-padding if:

1. He scores in the first 3 quarters.
2. He scores in the 4th quarter while making a comeback.
3. He scores in the 4th quarter while holding a lead.
4. He scores in the 4th quarter to carry them to a tight win, if he doesn't do it the next game too.

Do I have all the bases covered?
You are arguing with people who don't wanna hear you. That's like explaining the basics of an earth to a hardcore flat-earther.

lib123

All Star
Daps
Lebron had 38 and AD 23 and the Lakers still lost?

Is there any chance at them making the ‘play in’ at this point?

Yeah. If the Lakers win at least 4 of their final 5 games and the Spurs lose at least 3 of their final 5 games.

If the Lakers win 4 of their 5 remaining games and the Pels lose all their remaining games.

If the Lakers win their 5 remaining games and the Pels lose 4 of their 5 remaining games.

Last edited: