Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Biggest thing he needs to do is get back to even half way of that bubble jumper because if hes doing his best impersonation of Westbrook, he's very guardable.
He needs to humble himself and ask Giannis, Jokic and Embiid their routine. In an era where big men are excelling as shooters, he’s taken a significant step back in terms of % and attempts. His game is no longer dominant.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
give the realistic scenerios of keeping bron.ad.westbrook... trading Westbrook.. and finally trading all ..?

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bet you if replace Bron with Steph on this laker team he would have them in the playoffs right now or play in :sas2:

@Gil Scott-Heroin they don’t want to know the truth

The same Steph who couldn't get his squad out of the play ins with 2 chances last year? The Steph that Bron and the Lakers beat in the play in and Bron drained a 3 in the last minute to ultimately win the game? Oh ok breh cool shyt

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The Lakers trading Lebron is them literally taking money out of their own pockets he only has one more year left anyway. Seriously, consider trading AD. Move off Westbrook for hopefully a useful player or two. Try to get good shooters and defenders in FA who aren't old as hell. Ask Bron now that he has a scoring title to focus on defending and assisting in the first two quarters unless he has it going. He's gonna break Kareem's record just by being on the tloor for 50-60 games.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
give the realistic scenerios of keeping bron.ad.westbrook... trading Westbrook.. and finally trading all ..?
No one likes my ideas but this is my proposal:

Westbrook is untradable unless they're taking back even worse contract or more term. That basically narrows the search down to the Knicks and one other team. The Knicks are in purgatory with their contracts. If you swap Westbrick for Randle, Fournier and Noel, they can start dipping in free agency again in 2023. New York has to take THT in the deal though because Randle and Fournier are terrible contracts...but on the Lakers, off the bench, they COULD be valuable for a year or two.

Utah is gonna flame out in the first round and that Gobert contract looks ghastly going forward. Cap space usually doesn't mean much for them but maybe Ainge and Wade think they can convince someone to play with Mitchell. Swap Westbrick for Gobert, tank for a year and maybe they're back in the mix? Less than 1% chance of this happening but LA has to make that call and I think Utah would at least think about it.

AD has to go too. They can't rely on him to stay healthy. This is two straight years of his injuries derailing the season. Trading him for Lillard makes the most sense if Westbrick is gone and they have some supporting pieces. If not there, maybe Atlanta for Collins, Bogdanovic and something else.

:yeshrug:

Westbrook has to go by any means though. If he can't be moved, nothing else matters.

Chabot College

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hayward, CA
The same Steph who couldn't get his squad out of the play ins with 2 chances last year? The Steph that Bron and the Lakers beat in the play in and Bron drained a 3 in the last minute to ultimately win the game? Oh ok breh cool shyt
This was Stephs team last season. Look at these names and be honest with yourself :mjlol:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
The biggest thing I noticed about AD this year is guys dont fear him defensively, perimeter guys have been going at him all year.

JV, tonight

iu

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Utah is gonna flame out in the first round and that Gobert contract looks ghastly going forward. Cap space usually doesn't mean much for them but maybe Ainge and Wade think they can convince someone to play with Mitchell. Swap Westbrick for Gobert, tank for a year and maybe they're back in the mix? Less than 1% chance of this happening but LA has to make that call and I think Utah would at least think about it.

:jbhmm:Good ass idea because the Jazz need a BIG change

AD has to go too. They can't rely on him to stay healthy. This is two straight years of his injuries derailing the season. Trading him for Lillard makes the most sense if Westbrick is gone and they have some supporting pieces. If not there, maybe Atlanta for Collins, Bogdanovic and something else.

I think AD has really exposed himself.

He had it good, being ignored in NOLA, what is Anthony Davis at this part of his career? Top 25? When healthy, yes.

Nobody, smart, is trading a promising core for AD in 2022-2023. The Hawks look bad this year, but, they can turn it around.

:hubie:Sorry, AD's scam has been exposed; not a number 1 guy.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
keeping Bron . AD. Westbrook.:

keep. tht. reeves. Stanley. wneyen. monk. Nunn Dwight.

then we need to fill roster with 3 and d players ..