Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I said they’re SIMILAR. :what:

It doesn’t matter what people thought of the team BEFORE the season. We all saw what happened and that’s the point. How you gonna try to downplay the results when both teams are ass? Seasons don’t matter unless it ends with a title. :gucci:
The difference is that 2013 was rolling and getting better as the season went on while this team got worse (AD’s injury obviously didn’t help). This Lakers team is a flat out bad team that has shown no signs of hope all year really.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple

Has this been posted yet?

Great article.. The Lakers are fukkED for the foreseeable future as long as this bimbo Jeannie Buss is in charge and too dumb to stop listening to Linda Rambis and her cuckold husband who watches her get fukked by dudes like Anthony Peeler and Corie Blount while jerking off :russ:

Seriously though they gotta trade AD.. He has to go

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The difference is that 2013 was rolling and getting better as the season went on while this team got worse (AD’s injury obviously didn’t help). This Lakers team is a flat out bad team that has shown no signs of hope all year really.

If Bron and AD had played the entire season (just like Dwight and Kobe did) and Nunn had managed to play at least half the season (like Nash did) then I think the 2022 Lakers would have had at least as strong a record as the 2013 Lakers and would be more hopeful right now.

The reason morale is low is because until Kobe's season-ending injury those 2013 injury issues paled in comparison to the 2022 injury issues. Westbrook on top of that has been a real issue, but I think Westbrook's issues would have eventually been worked into the fold even if he was discontent (like Dwight was discontent in 2013), if they hadn't had all the other injuries and problems to deal with. Especially if the team had had Nunn there as a more viable option to Westbrook.

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
Great article.. The Lakers are fukkED for the foreseeable future as long as this bimbo Jeannie Buss is in charge and too dumb to stop listening to Linda Rambis and her cuckold husband who watches her get fukked by dudes like Anthony Peeler and Corie Blount while jerking off :russ:

Seriously though they gotta trade AD.. He has to go

We need forward thinking, modern ownership if we're going to compete going forwards

These NBA teams are being run too well, we can't rely just on being the Lakers anymore

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Has this been posted yet?

Just about everything in that article looks accurate.

Westbrook was one of the most predictable mistakes in recent NBA history. :snoop:

Refusing to give up THT for Kyle Lowry was :mjlol::mjlol:

Keeping THT over Caruso was also :mjlol:

Reggie Bullock, Mike Muscala, Dennis Schroder.... :francis:

Only part I disagree with is the suggestion that signing Gasol was a mistake. I actually think the team often looked really good with Gasol in the middle. If Vogel had managed rotations better and AD/Bron hadn't gotten hurt last year, pretty sure we'd see Gasol as being a valuable signing.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
We need forward thinking, modern ownership if we're going to compete going forwards

These NBA teams are being run too well, we can't rely just on being the Lakers anymore
The problem is Dr.Buss had that gift of picking those people out..He was smart enough to know what he didn’t know and found people who did know.

The kids clearly don’t have that gift.. They alienated Jerry West who could’ve schooled someone to take over..

Last edited:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I know Mitch Kupchak was working under Jerry for years and all that but still Jeannie has to do some serious front office reshuffling and I don’t think she know what she doin..

She should’ve threw a bag at Pat Riley a few years ago

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I know Mitch Kupchak was working under Jerry for years and all that but still Jeannie has to do some serious front office reshuffling and I don’t think she know what she doin..

She should’ve threw a bag at Pat Riley a few years ago
I'm pretty sure Riley hit, so she's not working with him anymore :russ:

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
Why is nobody talking about the Clippers on a 5 game losing streak? Their upcoming schedule looks as brutal as the Lakers too. Is it possible they drop out the 8th seed? :picard: