Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
I'm not crazy about him but I would approach the Jazz about Gobert in the summer. His contract is gonna be really onerous in the future and I can't see a lot of takers. He's gonna be making $46 million four seasons from now.

Utah is definitely gonna make some major changes after they get waxed in the first round. Maybe the Lakers could talk them into some type of a Westbrook/Gobert swap or try a three teamer. That could clear the path for a Brow/Lillard type trade too.

Brow needs to go regardless because they can't rely on him anymore.

:russ:

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It does. Unfortunately the floor is very low for a team that's basically Westbrook and a bunch of guys picked up off of waivers. Replace Bron with 98% of the players in the NBA and this team is competing for the #1 spot in the lottery.

Some of the teams they've been losing to have had no stars on them though.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Some of the teams they've been losing to have had no stars on them though.

And some of the teams they've beaten had top-flight stars on them (Warriors a couple weeks ago, for example). Like I've said on here 100 times, you don't win games by having a certain # of stars, you win games by having every role on the team well-filled. If your team lacks a rim protector, lacks perimeter defenders, lacks rebounders, lacks a secondary ballhandler and creator, and is badly coached, then you're in trouble even if you have "a star".

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
And some of the teams they've beaten had top-flight stars on them (Warriors a couple weeks ago, for example). Like I've said on here 100 times, you don't win games by having a certain # of stars, you win games by having every role on the team well-filled. If your team lacks a rim protector, lacks perimeter defenders, lacks rebounders, lacks a secondary ballhandler and creator, and is badly coached, then you're in trouble even if you have "a star".

It's not a "star" we talking about, it's the self-proclaimed GOAT!

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Injuries, all star team not clicking, shytty record, main stars going down. Both seasons are similar.

Biggest difference is that this year has WAY more injuries than 2013 did. In 2013 you had Kobe, Dwight, and Artest play basically the entire season, while Pau/Nash missed just 30 games each. Their top 5 stars combined only missed about 80 games and their two biggest stars hardly missed any games at all.

This year you had AD miss 45 games, LeBron miss 20 games, and Nunn miss the entire season. That's 150 missed games combined among three of their most important players right off the top, including 65 missed games by their two biggest stars.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Yeah...I can see Lebron having the mindset of,I'll save my energy for game 2....And even if we don't win game 2,we can still even the series up by winning games 3 & 4........I'd be shocked if Cleveland won this game.

how y’all laker fans allow this infiltrating fraud in your thread? This team hoppin
p*ssy an insult to genuine fans

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
True and it was predictable. Many of us said it from the jump. However, that 2013 team was nowhere near as bad. Their respective superstars had two different missions and it shows. :sas2:
The trash yall does post in here. This thread has turned into a real cesspool.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
how y’all laker fans allow this infiltrating fraud in your thread? This team hoppin
p*ssy an insult to genuine fans

Stop trying to deflect...Me being a Lebron James fan has nothing to do with you getting giddy over a Celtics player getting hurt...Also, I've never disrespected Laker fans/Kobe stans.

I say "WE" because I want the Lakers to win...I could care less about Lebron putting up a bunch of stats.....I'd rather Lebron put up 20 ppg and the team win than to watch him put up 40 and they lose.....I'm an LBJ fan...but I don't put him ahead of the Lakers team

Last edited:

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
What he’d say?

But foreal Bron is different…u could tell he couldn’t really move well anymore so he picked his spots. But he couldn’t get to the rack anymore and that dude Herb Jones is a straight blanket. I’m just impressed at how this dude still went out there and balled on a legit sprain. You already know AD woulda been retired to the locker room. But wait til Bron wakes up the next morning and that shyt swollen and stiff. Ain’t no way he’s playing the next game…

37 year old played 41 minutes on a bum ankle, dropped 25 in the first half and folks are in here with the statpadding accusations :mjlol:

True and it was predictable. Many of us said it from the jump. However, that 2013 team was nowhere near as bad. Their respective superstars had two different missions and it shows. :sas2:
Bron is ancient compared to 2013 Kobe and is arguably having a better season. If AD and Bron played as many games as Dwight and Kobe did that season they would have had a similar record.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Injuries, all star team not clicking, shytty record, main stars going down. Both seasons are similar.

Yeah but we had the best record in the league the 2nd half of the 2013 season. Despite the BS, Kobe got the team moving and him and Dwight even developed a little chemistry. We were rolling fast in the right direction before the achilles popped. Remember a lot of people were predicting us to beat the #1 Spurs in the 1st round cuz of how well we were playing.