Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
They need Bron to play 40 minutes just to beat average teams, how much Bron would you need to beat the Sixers when you don't even have a viable center to match on Embiid?

With all the minutes he's been putting in at 37yo he clearly needs a rest, by sitting this game it gives a 6-day break between games where he can let the nagging injuries heal up a little more.

The Raptors and Cavs are above average B+ plus type teams and they looked pretty good against them. I think the Lakers would have had a chance against the Sixers with Lebron playing :yeshrug:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The Raptors and Cavs are above average B+ plus type teams and they looked pretty good against them. I think the Lakers would have had a chance against the Sixers with Lebron playing :yeshrug:

They have literally no one to guard Embiid plus Maxey has been on fire for two months. I don't see it as worth the shot.

If they were going to rest Bron a game this was the perfect one to rest.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
If AD/Nunn are both back before the playoffs I think LA can win the championship.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
If AD/Nunn are both back before the playoffs I think LA can win the championship.

There's back and then there's "back".

If AD and Nunn were both back, playing at 100%, somehow got back up to full speed immediately, inserted into the offense perfectly and everything gells, and everything else goes right, Lakers would have a real shot considering how Bron is playing. Though the lack of defense at guard would still be a major impediment.

But in reality they're unlikely to be at more than 80%, unlikely to gell quickly, and as dysfunctional as the season has been other things are unlikely to go well either.