Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
AD had no answer for Ayton that series. Warriors are our only good matchup
He didnt. However, in regards to last year's team I still think AD was gonna will us past them before getting hurt.

Bron wasnt even that good/healthy and it still looked like it was going the Lakers way before he got hurt. :manny:

Last years team tho :mjcry:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, him as the primary decision maker is good at times but at this age the fatigue turns into turnovers way too often. He needs to embrace the gunner role and keep shooting. Let these other dudes - not Westbrook - bring the ball up the court and initiate the offense.

And they won’t ever be healthy
That why I say Russ/Vogel have to figure out whatever mojo they had earlier in the year. Cause despite Russ faults him and Bron did really well with pick and roll plays. Now its like Russ cant do anything. At least get that right again.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
That why I say Russ/Vogel have to figure out whatever mojo they had earlier in the year. Cause despite Russ faults him and Bron did really well with pick and roll plays. Now its like Russ cant do anything. At least get that right again.

Right, they need to spam that Russ/Bron pick and roll in the first quarter until they sub Russ out them let Bron handle the ball. Russ is still second best passer on this team by far.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So in other words....

Have Bron play off ball and let Russ run the show. Let Lebron focus on scoring while Russ sets him and everyone else up as the main ballhandler, allowing Russ to be himself in full.

What an interesting idea...

Right, they need to spam that Russ/Bron pick and roll in the first quarter until they sub Russ out them let Bron handle the ball. Russ is still second best passer on this team by far.

Russ is a horrible decision maker in the half-court, especially with Vogel refusing to call plays most of the time.:beli:

In a vacuum I trust Reeves' decision making more than Russ.:unimpressed:

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
spam pick and roll Westbrook to Bron.

and post LeBron and Westbrook if shyt falls apart .

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
if healthy.. i don't see a west team that's head and shoulders better than the Lakers... if healthy.

we might have found something with Bron focused on scoring.. stop trying to set people up and shoot 30+ times.

I legit forgot about him for 60 games but it's crazy how much having Nunn healthy and resigning Caruso could have helped this team. If Lakers had them in the backcourt along with Monk they could have relegated Westbrook to spot duty and actually had something this season.....if healthy AD ever happens.

MyApps

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I think Bron is figuring out that his scoring is needed more than anything else. If he scores 50 one more time, I think the Lakers are set for a MAJOR run.

Let russ be primary ball handler, he can get his triple doubles.

Bron is in charge of scoring.

And AD can focus on defense.

These are the most optimal roles.

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
Let Brodie just pick n roll anytime he is on the floor or attack n kick out to other players. He is way too inconsistent in scoring layups.

As long as he does that , Bron score 40+, AD comes back, and we play some defense we can make it to playoffs and get swept.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Legit pisses me off that Bron blew a couple games, Russ blew about 7 games, and AD has spent half the season with the same contributions as a Coli member.

If they could just get the 7th seed they'd at least have an interesting series against the Warriors or Grizz (assuming AD was healthy)

Just pathetic man.

Just like last year. If we got to play Denver we might have survived the AD injury until he got back.
A truly LOCKED IN Lakers team with everyone healthy, if they can manage to ever be that, can beat the Suns…

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
So in other words....

Have Bron play off ball and let Russ run the show. Let Lebron focus on scoring while Russ sets him and everyone else up as the main ballhandler, allowing Russ to be himself in full.

What an interesting idea...
Putting the ball in Russ hands means more 3-13 and 5+ turnover games. Dude cannot be trusted with the rock.