Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He was top 5 in defensive win shares last year right?

He's basically gone back to 2018 Bron of not playing defense at all to save himself for scoring. Just our surrounding defenders are not great either.

Its rough out here :mjlol:

Russ, Westbrook and Melo on the floor together is an opposing team's dream. As bad as Russ is on the offensive side he should at least give 100% on the defensive end. Schroeder was good for that.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Suns didn't have an answer for AD when he was healthy in the playoffs those two game but then again the team was better overall.

breh we have no chance against the Suns if they actually make it. and stop playing the if (insert player) is healthy, u been doing that since october. if I hear u talk about kendrick nunn one more time

Tallac

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Legit pisses me off that Bron blew a couple games, Russ blew about 7 games, and AD has spent half the season with the same contributions as a Coli member.

If they could just get the 7th seed they'd at least have an interesting series against the Warriors or Grizz (assuming AD was healthy)

Just pathetic man.

Just like last year. If we got to play Denver we might have survived the AD injury until he got back.

Losing those games against the Clippers is pretty much why they are in this position. If they had the 8th, I think they would have washed The Wolves in the play-in, and face Memphis/Warriors in the first and second rounds; they could have made it to the conference finals with the 7th seed.

When is AD coming back?:patrice:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
No doubt. Whatever the reasons are, and they’re legit, but he ain’t defending. Opposing players ain’t gonna give him a break because he’s older. He’s playing great on offense though (damn near 30ppg on 52%) and Vogel should be scheming the defense up around him.
They don't have the personnel to scheme anything. Only good defenders are Reaves and Johnson; LeBron can be great in bursts; Monk has improved a lot.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
if healthy.. i don't see a west team that's head and shoulders better than the Lakers... if healthy.

we might have found something with Bron focused on scoring.. stop trying to set people up and shoot 30+ times.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
breh we have no chance against the Suns if they actually make it. and stop playing the if (insert player) is healthy, u been doing that since october. if I hear u talk about kendrick nunn one more time

Man Kendrick nunn is done like a well done steak. Them dreams of him playing are over until next year if they don't trade him.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
if healthy.. i don't see a west team that's head and shoulders better than the Lakers... if healthy.

we might have found something with Bron focused on scoring.. stop trying to set people up and shoot 30+ times.

Breh I have never seen a lakers team so snake bite. Ever other day a lakers player goes down. Hell I am surprised the coaching staff ain't all out with injuries.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Yeah, him as the primary decision maker is good at times but at this age the fatigue turns into turnovers way too often. He needs to embrace the gunner role and keep shooting. Let these other dudes - not Westbrook - bring the ball up the court and initiate the offense.

And they won’t ever be healthy

MyApps

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

So in other words....

Have Bron play off ball and let Russ run the show. Let Lebron focus on scoring while Russ sets him and everyone else up as the main ballhandler, allowing Russ to be himself in full.

What an interesting idea...