Dominican brehs, how did Dominicans feel when Sammy Sosa bleached his skin?

Rubio

Banned
Daps
IIRC it was an independent study done by Dominican researchers who didnt agree with the findings of the study youre referring too because the sample size was too small.

Who are these Dominican researches? Do you have any link/source to this supposed study?

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Yes their race is negroid aka Black. :shaq:
once you realize the American influence on both what it is to be Black and White, and its effects on the world than you'll understand.
Whenever you think of black around the world, you think of americans, in the modern global framework
If ASD'S called ourselves something different, the word Black wouldn't even be as popular on a global scale, i'll guarantee that.
Hell it wasn't that popular before we started calling ourselves that in the sixties-seventies, it was Negroes or Colored like I stated before
Failure to understand American ignorance and cultural significance in the word black, is why your not getting what these people are saying

DeuceCypherUno

knowledge God
Daps
Reppin
Straight out the fukkin' dungeons of rap
I personally thought Black was for those generally with African ancestry such as a lot of us Dominicans and AA was exclusively for those with mostly American slave ancestors

so i would be considered Black for being Afro-Latino

however race doesnt really exist in anything but the social aspects of humans

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
once you realize the American influence on both what it is to be Black and White, and its effects on the world than you'll understand.
Whenever you think of black around the world, you think of americans, in the modern global framework
If ASD'S called ourselves something different, the word Black wouldn't even be as popular on a global scale, i'll guarantee that.
Hell it wasn't that popular before we started calling ourselves that in the sixties-seventies, it was Negroes or Colored like I stated before
Failure to understand American ignorance and cultural significance in the word black, is why your not getting what these people are saying
What I am saying is that popularity has nothing to do with fact.

They can think what they want and it can be popular but facts which is something we all follow says otherwise.

We are "black" just like Afro Dominicans are "black." We both descended from slaves straight from Africa, got diluted and established ourselves in our respective areas. We may be in a further area but we are still just another branch of the black diaspora.

Both of our cultures is the same by race yet different by nationality.

The educated around the world who can understand something as simple as ethnicity and race see it that way too.

Last edited:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
What I am saying is that popularity has nothing to do with fact.

We are "black" just like Afro Dominicans are "black." We both descended from slaves straight from Africa, got diluted and established ourselves in our respective areas. We may be in a further area but we are still just another branch of the black diaspora.

Both of our cultures is the same by race yet different by nationality.

The educated around the world who can understand somthing as simple as ethnicity and race see it that way too.

You act like black is a real scientific term for race. It is a social construct, that apparently a massive portion of the diaspora doesn't agree with as an identifier. You would be better off exchanging that with African. There is a AFRICAN diaspora that we are apart of not a black diaspora

Blackout

Daps
You act like black is a real scientific term for race. It is a social construct, that apparently a massive portion of the diaspora doesn't agree with as an identifier. You would be better off exchanging that with African. There is a AFRICAN diaspora that we are apart of not a black diaspora
That is a different matter entirely.

The fact of the matter is that they are saying the only black people are African Americans as to imply that they are different than us since their slaves went to a different area when they are exactly the same but with a different nationality lol.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
You sound dumb. I bet you never left New york a day in your life.
black americans the most visable to group that identifies as black and soley black. Coupled with the rest of the diaspora associating with nationality first
grouped with Dominicans in this thread(and other diasporans I've met in real life) co-signing that black=AA

how does this sound dumb:stopitslime:

Blackout

Daps
black americans the most visable to group that identifies as black and soley black. Coupled with the rest of the diaspora associating with nationality first
grouped with Dominicans in this thread(and other diasporans I've met in real life) co-signing that black=AA

how does this sound dumb:stopitslime:
The educated "identifies" with their race and nationality because its factually correct.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
That is a different matter entirely.

The fact of the matter is that they are saying the only black people are African Americans as to imply that they are different than us since their slaves went to a different area when they are exactly the same but with a different nationality lol.
noooooooo

Its like I said, the word black shifted to a cultural social definition for American blacks. We are all Africans not black