Dominican brehs, how did Dominicans feel when Sammy Sosa bleached his skin?

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Theres a lot of misinformation in here, as it pertains to the AA narrative and culture:ohhh:

The problem is alotta cats on this forum claiming Black American or African American are not even that. Dudes really thinking all you have to do is be born in America to be considered AA/black American.

Yes Black= of American slave descent . Or having at least one parent with American slave lineage. This goes for biracials as well,why because it has always been part of our culture and narrative.

But I agree with the Dominicans on here. Black=American black. The word black has been used to describe brown skinned people of African descent for thousands of years. But in the modern context, and under American influence, its come to denote people of American slavery origin

We cycled through negro,colored people etc And than decided on Black as a cultural,political,ethnic and social signifier in the late 60's and all through out the 70's in the Blaxploitation era. The say it loud im Black and im proud!!!-james brown era

JamesBrown_SayItLoudImBlackAndImProud.jpg

Matter fact
Black is the only identifier ASD"S ever accepted in unison as a culture. To my knowledge other diasporans always went by nationality. So no Dominicans ARE NOT BLACK. Not even the dark ones

African American is a troll/pc identifier that we never chose as a culture. It was made by people who probably meant well but probably also thought Africa is a country:mjlol:

Last edited:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Theres a lot of misinformation in here, as it pertains to the AA narrative and culture:ohhh:

The problem is alotta cats on this forum claiming Black American or African American are not even that. Dudes really thinking all you have to do is be born in America to be considered AA/black American.

Yes Black= of American slave descent . Or having at least one parent with American slave lineage. This goes for biracials as well,why because it has always been part of our culture and narrative.

But I agree with the Dominicans on here. Black=American black. The word black has been used to describe brown skinned people of African descent for thousands of years. But in the modern context, and under American influence, its come to denote people of American slavery origin

We cycled through negro,colored people etc And than decided on Black as a cultural,political,ethnic and social signifier in the late 60's and all through out the 70's in the Blaxploitation era. The say it loud im Black and im proud!!!-james brown era

JamesBrown_SayItLoudImBlackAndImProud.jpg

Matter fact
Black is the only identifier ASD"S ever accepted in unison as a culture. To my knowledge other diasporans always went by nationality. So no Dominicans ARE NOT BLACK. Not even the dark ones

African American is a troll/pc identifier that we never chose as a culture. It was made by people who probably meant well but probably also thought Africa is a country:mjlol:
Slaves came to the dominican republic as well just like us.

While we AAs are proud of our blackness: Black is not the word for us AAs to claim as our own. It goes more toward the Africans who weren't diluted thanks to slavery. Which annoys me when Dominicans say that black is only towards descendants of the slaves who came to the US.

Have some respect for the Africans of today.

Last edited:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Slaves came to the dominican republic as well just like us.

While we AAs are proud of our blackness: Black is not the word for us AAs to claim as our own though. It goes more toward the Africans who weren't diluted thanks to slavery.

Have some respect for the Africans of today.

The thing is Africans go by tribe. ASD's are the only ones who use Black as a cultural identifier. Let other cultures rock with claiming nationality. We as Black Americans don't have a dog in that fight

Blackout

Daps
The thing is Africans go by tribe. ASD's are the only ones who use Black as a cultural identifier. Let other cultures rock with claiming nationality. We as Black Americans don't have a dog in that fight
We use black as a culture identifier because thats what it is. Every member of the African diasporas culture is black culture even Afro-Domincans own lol.

"Black" doesnt belong to us AAs only. :yeshrug:

Africans aka the origina blacks was here before AAs and branched off to many areas. America isnt special.

If they want to focus more on nationality then I dont care. Im just here for facts.

Last edited:

Rubio

Banned
Daps
I remember reading that the average Dominican is 56% African, 38% European, 6% Native.

I know I'm 68% African, 28% European, 2% Asian, 2% Native

Where did you read this? Almost every genetic study I've seen shows the exact reverse of that.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
We use black as a culture identifier because thats what it is. Every member of the African diasporas culture is black culture even Afro-Domincans own lol.

"Black" doesnt belong to us AAs only. :yeshrug:

Africans aka the origina blacks was here before AAs and branched off to many areas. America isnt special.

If they want to focus more on nationality then I dont care. Im just here for facts.

Breh your acting like the guy whose doing a lot of talking and not enough listening. Let the people tell their own story

Black is an American cultural identifier geared towards ASD'S. Africans and caribs/latins go by nationality. That's there dynamic,thats there culture

We all share the fact that we are of AFRICAN ancestry not necessarily the we all black thing

Blackout

Daps
Breh your acting like the guy whose doing a lot of talking and not enough listening. Let the people tell their own story

Black is an American cultural identifier geared towards ASD'S. Africans and caribs/latins go by nationality. That's there dynamic,thats there culture

We all share the fact that we are of AFRICAN ancestry not necessarily the we all black thing
Well their dynamic and culture is factually wrong then lol.

So AfroLatinos are white? :russ: