Dominican Abuelas Be Like

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I'm confused why yall care. Not everyone has to like themselves. Some white people say things like they wish they were black. Asians wanna be white all the time. And so on.

None of us chose to be whatever race we were born as. I don't get why yall expect everyone to love themselves.

They stay letting this shyt poster back in :russ:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

"Is her EMPATHY for her MOTHER valid or concerning"

The way these social media warriors constantly advocate insular bullshyt or separating from your family is weird. They want you to be as alone as miserable as they are. That video is actually great - the daughter notes how her mother is a good person but brainwashed by decades worth of colorism, and how she is trying to combat it. She sounds intelligent and empathetic. Good traits.

Daps
Lmaooo let me tell y’all about Afro Dominican chics… They will straight up tell you they are not attracted to “minorities” .. When they say minorities they are talking about American black men.. Now mind you a Dominican chic told me this one time when I was trying to get her number.. Soon as I started talking that mita mita shyt to her fluently her whole demeanor changed up :mjlol:

Now all of a sudden she feeling me and gave me her number.. I said to her I thought you don’t like minorities and she said I don’t but you different you Dominican lmaoo. I’m no where near Dominican… :mjlol:

So yeah speak Spanish fluently and you in those Dominican chics guts no problem

Why learn Spanish when all you need is 30 bucks lmao

Better question: why learn Spanish to fukk a chick who hates your guts? :dahell:

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lmaooo let me tell y’all about Afro Dominican chics… They will straight up tell you they are not attracted to “minorities” .. When they say minorities they are talking about American black men.. Now mind you a Dominican chic told me this one time when I was trying to get her number.. Soon as I started talking that mita mita shyt to her fluently her whole demeanor changed up :mjlol:

Now all of a sudden she feeling me and gave me her number.. I said to her I thought you don’t like minorities and she said I don’t but you different you Dominican lmaoo. I’m no where near Dominican… :mjlol:

So yeah speak Spanish fluently and you in those Dominican chics guts no problem
Dominican chicks don’t fukk with American Black men? This is cap. They love nikkas.:stopitslime:

Brehvity3135

Banned
Daps

This video is a perfect example. This is the danger of raising your kids in a 2nd culture in a 2nd language.

Her dad just couldn’t articulate this and the daughter wasn’t trying to hear it.

Moreno(masculine) means brown skinned and is interchangeable with black/negro. But the usage of the word negro is only used descriptive or in positive manner more often then not. Moreno can be from Big Papi who is obviously black to Alex Rodriguez types.

Thats why you’ll hear “negra bella” (beautiful black) or “negro guapo” (handsome black) in common language. The discrepancy in the usage of the word black is historically problematic in Dominican society. You’ve seen or heard those phrases and they are prefacing the word “black” with a positive description. That’s not happenstance.

The use of moreno started pre and post slavery (slavery was significantly different in DR versus Haiti). Majority of black Dominicans in Dominican Republic are descended from free people in the Dominican Republic, so that’s where a large misunderstanding comes from. Before you read further read that sentence again.

Example: Al Horford who’s grandfather is from the Bahamas. It’s almost a guarantee that side was enslaved at some point in Bahamas, but were free upon arrival in the late 1800’s to the DR to work in sugar plantations (bateys) in San Pedro Macoris, but I guarantee if you asked Al Horford he would struggle with answering whether he is or black or not or whether he descends from slaves because his history in the DR weren’t enslaved. This is consistent with every census report and just the overall history of the DR that is lost in translation.

“Approximately 9,648 slaves remain in Santo Domingo. With decline of sugar production, some slaves are sold elsewhere, while others escape into the interior of the island or die of epidemic diseases”

https://socialjusticebooks.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/ccdr_timeline.pdf

Moreno was used to describe “freemen” as well as to make a distinction between the newly arrival and larger black slave population of Haiti. They arrived directly from Africa a whole 150-175 years after what we know as “Dominicans” today who not only had a decimated population but had a significant mixed raced population by this point.

So “black” will always garner a :patrice: in the manner it is used because historically it’s associated with “enslaved” within this society. And more recently “African American”. You’ll also hear “rubia” (blonde) in reference to a fair skinned women. It also could mean describing a blonde haired woman obviously, and “indio” (Indian) describing someone who has Indigenous Taino blood, which is pretty much 75 percent of the population. The only subject in school here that is required in Spanish is history. And that’s why a lot of what is interpreted as “self hate” is really a lack of understanding of history here. Of course “one boat, different stops” is how we contextualize histories but it’s just not going to work here. While some parts intertwine a large part diverges.

You add in the identity of Dominican, everyone is just Dominican. If you have Dominican blood. Whether poor, rich, white, black, etc the culture is Dominican. There is no black Dominican culture, white Dominican culture, might be “Tigre” (street savvy) versus “Popis” (posh, preppy, American) but it’s still Dominican. Whereas we as black Americans are saying “we feel more American outside of America”. :pachaha:

That’s the difference. If you don’t understand that fundamental difference then yeh ideologically things will appear self hating or anti black to you, and I’m not saying that shyt don’t exist because it can. But it’s not in the manner you think.

Daps
F4-C2-BAA1-39-DC-417-C-B939-37-BAED7-B2-ECA.gif

Brehvity3135

Banned
Daps
I'm confused why yall care. Not everyone has to like themselves. Some white people say things like they wish they were black. Asians wanna be white all the time. And so on.

None of us chose to be whatever race we were born as. I don't get why yall expect everyone to love themselves.

We know why. How mixed raced ppl identify has always been important. Problem is the expectation that a group who doesn’t have the same history nor the same language identify in a black American sense, is insanity.