Dominican Abuelas Be Like

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
It's partly a white Jesus thing. All the older dominican women that i know that are like this are also devout followers of Jesus. I'm talking read the bible in the morning and before bed, pray with the rosary in their hands a few times a day and church every Sunday religious.

I'm a lighter skinned Dominican and i remember growing up always being praised for my light eyes and light hair. My mom told me how when i was born a lot of people came to visit to see the "Rubio" meaning blonde baby. Never made sense to me until i grew up and learned about the antiblackness in DR. I must have looked like baby Jesus to them.

It sucks but that older generation is dying off and most of the younger ones don't feel the same way. All my little cousins have grown up into some woke ass college students and would check their parents for much less than this.

Last edited:

Mega

Superstar
Daps
It's a white Jesus thing. All the older dominican women that i know that are like this are also devout followers of Jesus. I'm talking read the bible in the morning and before bed, pray with the rosary in their hands a few times a day and church every Sunday religious.

I'm a lighter skinned Dominican and i remember growing up always being praised for my light eyes and light hair. My mom told me how when i was born a lot of people came to visit to see the "Rubio" meaning blonde baby. Never made sense to me until i grew up and learned about the antiblackness in DR. I must have looked like baby Jesus to them.

It sucks but that older generation is dying off and most of the younger ones don't feel the same way. All my little cousins have grown up into some woke ass college students and would check their parents for much less than this.
:mjlol:

full

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I fukk with Dominicans in real life.

This video, just like all the other
" (ethnic group) parents be like" videos are lame, and people putting them out dont want to own up to THEIR relatives behaving a certain way and would rather paint their entire ethnic/racial group with a broad brush.

Now, I wouldn't be around DRs, or people of any ethnic group who are on that bullshyt,

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I fukk with Dominicans in real life.

This video, just like all the other
" (ethnic group) parents be like" videos are lame, and people putting them out dont want to own up to THEIR relatives behaving a certain way and would rather paint their entire ethnic/racial group with a broad brush.

Now, I wouldn't be around DRs, or people of any ethnic group who are on that bullshyt,
You'll find that any Dominican or Latino in general with any education doesn't feel like that. It's ignorance plain and simple. A whole lot of factors at play here including the anti Haitian sentiment. It's literally a perfect storm for this kind of thing. But like i said, the older ones are dying off and the younger ones know better. Any young ones that don't know better are probably too stupid for u to want to be around them anyway.