Does Size matter in a fight? Mighty Mouse submitting 260lb man in OP

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I have personally seen more short brehs get busy with their hands successfully. They are always aggy and act like they have something to prove.
I just think of Floyd's success as both a taller and shorter fighter.

Even someone like Lennox Lewis had to beat taller people.

Andre Ward was both short and had short arms compared to his opponents.

Pacquiao was 5'5.

A good fighter just knows how to fight good.

Daps
I think weight matters more if grappling is involved. All the skill in the world won't help a 120 lb judoka against a 275-lb gym rat with zero fighting experience.

In boxing, weight matters if the skills and conditioning are comparable but if one guy is 150 lbs and experienced in the ring and the other guy is 250 lbs with none....150 can probably slip every punch from 250 and just chip away at them using a mix of head and body shots.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
I think weight matters more if grappling is involved. All the skill in the world won't help a 120 lb judoka against a 275-lb gym rat with zero fighting experience.

In boxing, weight matters if the skills and conditioning are comparable but if one guy is 150 lbs and experienced in the ring and the other guy is 250 lbs with none....150 can probably slip every punch from 250 and just chip away at them using a mix of head and body shots.
not even chip away a well placed liver or kidney shot will put anyone on their knees, that shyt is not a joke

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:why:Why is this even a debate? Between 2 well trained athletes yes size matters. There’s weight classes for a reason lol. But for the untrained it’s in the middle.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Let me add that I only fight dirty if it is real beef. Why the fukk am I gonna have "integrity" in a fight when it's real animosity?

Now, if we just have a dispute and we agree to settle it with the hands, I'm wit that shyt too

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
man if you don't get the fukk on:mjlol:

Go to a boxing gym or wrestling gym and prove me wrong.

I got a hundred on it if you film it. I literally stopped counting the amount of times nikkas went to Mendez boxing w cameras because they believe these lies online :mjlol:

Matter of fact I bet they won’t even put you in with an adult :russ:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I mean dude who dropped him looks like he's 200+ lbs of mostly muscle. It's not like Rick Ross got dropped by some 110lb dude here

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I just think of Floyd's success as both a taller and shorter fighter.

Even someone like Lennox Lewis had to beat taller people.

Andre Ward was both short and had short arms compared to his opponents.

Pacquiao was 5'5.

A good fighter just knows how to fight good.
How come flloyd always hires giant bodyguards, and not some little dudes with hands?
You can't win by decision in real life

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps

Go against Shaq as a 6'3 shooting guard brehs. :francis:

The Gracies did just that with BJJ.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
At least theres more people in this thread that have an ounce of sense lol

Simply if the skill level is close. Height/weight/strength mean more in a fight.

If the smaller person has more skill... Now how much skill and how much is the weight/strength difference starts to come into play.

But unless the weight/strength difference is super exaggerated like Tank Davis vs a polar bear... it would be hard to know who wins in a street fight.

In a straight boxing match, skill is way more important than weight/strength.

And don't say its weight classes for a reason. Because all of those fighters are skilled fighters. That's why there's weight classes.