Does infinity exist?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
It is an absolute statement that can be proven (it's actually pretty much the only thing that can be proven). You are confusing "nothing" with "true nothing"/"absolute nothing."
It hasn't been proven. Its not that it "can't" be proven. Thats your problem.

A b s o l u t e l y n o t h i n g mean that a b s o l u t e l y n o "t h i n g" exists anywhere. Get that down. It is a universal statement by definition. Get that down.
Prove that such a thing is "universal" and we can move on.

If s o m e t h i n g exists (and that s o m e t h i n g can be anything whatsoever) that necessitates that absolutely nothing cannot exist
this makes no sense, but whatever at this point :pachaha:

Arriving at the notion something exists doesn't mean "nothing can't exist"

The claims are mutually exclusive of each other.

universally (because if some thing exists then that means that absolutely nothing cannot exist.
Prove it.
Some thing is different than nothing.
Agreed.
I don't want to pull out my dictionary and define what words mean to you, but it may need to be done at this point).

A dictionary won't save you from speaking in absolutes.

I think I know how you feel when you talk to people about religion. You're being impossible to talk to about this topic and refuse to use any sort of logic or evidence.
If you weren't so committed to speaking in absolutes, you wouldn't have a problem.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
It hasn't been proven. Its not that it "can't" be proven. Thats your problem.

Prove that such a thing is "universal" and we can move on.

this makes no sense, but whatever at this point :pachaha:

Arriving at the notion something exists doesn't mean "nothing can't exist"

The claims are mutually exclusive of each other.

Prove it. Agreed.

A dictionary won't save you from speaking in absolutes.

If you weren't so committed to speaking in absolutes, you wouldn't have a problem.
How can I dumb this down enough? :mindblown:

You just typed a response to my post. That is something. Can you agree on that?

Something therefore exists.

Absolutely nothing means that absolutely nothing exists "anywhere." No particles, no matter...nothing, anywhere.

You typed in a response with your computer/phone. That computer or phone is matter.

Since matter has now been proven to exist, that means that something exists. Can you agree with that?

If something exists, then that means that absolutely nothing is a false concept. Absolutely nothing can never occur anywhere, ever, because something (in this case your computer or phone) exists.

This is one of those rare cases where an absolute statement can be proven. You typing on your phone/computer proves the statement. It's really as simple as that.

I have provided you with enough evidence to clearly see that absolutely nothing can never exist. Please let me know why you still fail to accept this fact. I really am at a loss here with your logic

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
How can I dumb this down enough? :mindblown:

You just typed a response to my post. That is something. Can you agree on that?

Something therefore exists.

Absolutely nothing means that absolutely nothing exists "anywhere." No particles, no matter...nothing, anywhere.

False.

The notion that there is not "NOTHING" has not been shown simply because you utterly DO NOT KNOW this to be true.

You typed in a response with your computer/phone. That computer or phone is matter.

Since matter has now been proven to exist, that means that something exists. Can you agree with that?

If something exists, then that means that absolutely nothing is a false concept. Absolutely nothing can never occur anywhere, ever, because something (in this case your computer or phone) exists.
You're trying to tie two things together that have nothing to do with each other.

NOTHING and whether it exists anywhere has no bearing on the things that "do exist"

This is one of those rare cases where an absolute statement can be proven. You typing on your phone/computer proves the statement. It's really as simple as that.

I have provided you with enough evidence to clearly see that absolutely nothing can never exist. Please let me know why you still fail to accept this fact. I really am at a loss here with your logic

You keep speaking in words you don't understand is the problem. This is why philosophers are helpless when it comes to understanding science through talking points.

You want to engage in philosophical rhetoric to justify your position...and its not going to work.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
False.

The notion that there is not "NOTHING" has not been shown simply because you utterly DO NOT KNOW this to be true.

You're trying to tie two things together that have nothing to do with each other.

NOTHING and whether it exists anywhere has no bearing on the things that "do exist"

You keep speaking in words you don't understand is the problem. This is why philosophers are helpless when it comes to understanding science through talking points.

You want to engage in philosophical rhetoric to justify your position...and its not going to work.

I utterly do know this to be true. If something exists then absolutely nothing cannot exist; point blank, period. It's so fukking apparent and simple and can be proven by simply admitting that you have a thought.

Nothing and something are linked, because something requires a lack of nothing and nothing requires a lack of something. You have to have one to understand the other.

Am I just being trolled here? If so, your :troll: game is A+ :wow:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I utterly do know this to be true. If something exists then absolutely nothing cannot exist;
How does this even make sense to you?

The notion that there may be a "nothing" OR that there may not be a "nothing" HAS NOT BE DEMONSTRATED.

Thats your problem. it SEEMS intuitive...but until demonstrated, you haven't established anything.

point blank, period. It's so fukking apparent and simple and can be proven by simply admitting that you have a thought.
Intuition alone does not substantiate reality.

You keep speaking on absolutes that you can't confirm.

Nothing and something are linked, because something requires a lack of nothing and nothing requires a lack of something. You have to have one to understand the other.

Am I just being trolled here? If so, your :troll: game is A+ :wow:

You're violating the inherent problems with inductive reasoning, yet you're trying to lecture me on "logic" :beli:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
How does this even make sense to you?

The notion that there may be a "nothing" OR that there may not be a "nothing" HAS NOT BE DEMONSTRATED.

Thats your problem. it SEEMS intuitive...but until demonstrated, you haven't established anything.

Intuition alone does not substantiate reality.

You keep speaking on absolutes that you can't confirm.

You're violating the inherent problems with inductive reasoning, yet you're trying to lecture me on "logic" :beli:
I give up. This can't be made any clearer. I've properly operational ized my variables, given room to falsify my claims, performed an experiment, and CLEARLY demonstrated and proved that absolutely nothing can never exist. I have dumbed it down as far as possible. You are being utterly outrageous right now. I made the mistake of bringing you into this thread. :snoop: at myself. I learned a lesson.

You win. Hail @Napoleon poster of all posters, king of kings, and smartest person on the internet :bow: :bow: :bow:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a big supporter in the belief that infinity exists, but does it really? Long read, but interesting nonetheless.
Infinity does exist because a number can always be fractioned indefinitely...

For example, the distance between the number 0 and the number 1 is infinite...If you start from 1 and you are trying to get to zero, you will always have have a fraction separating 1 from 0 e.g. 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32 and etc

You can't count all the numbers between 0 and 1...That shyt has always amazed me...The time before us and the time after us are infinite...

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Infinity does exist because a number can always be fractioned indefinitely...

For example, the distance between the number 0 and the number 1 is infinite...If you start from 1 and you are trying to get to zero, you will always have have a fraction separating 1 from 0 e.g. 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32 and etc

You can't count all the numbers between 0 and 1...That shyt has always amazed me...The time before us and the time after us are infinite...
If the time before us and the time after us is infinite, does that mean time does not exist, in your opinion? Without a beginning or an end, how can we have time?