Does Buffy the Vampire Slayer still hold up in 2022?

Hostile

All Star
Daps
Angel's 4th season is still my favorite season of any show. At the time I thought the way every episode led to the next was the most groundbreaking thing I'd ever seen on TV. Now flash forward a decade and every show is serialized. Angel was ahead of its time.
Season 4 was better than season 3. fukk what everybody says.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
@PharaohAtem I'd suggest watching ang from episode 1 don't do the skipping everywhere thing. Yea there's some filler episodes but they're well done for the time :yeshrug:Knock out some more Buffy but Angel was really well done and I've honestly enjoyed every season. Season 4 was PEAK especially with that certain character that starts handing out ass whoopings to the whole squad in their debut.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Angel's 4th season is still my favorite season of any show. At the time I thought the way every episode led to the next was the most groundbreaking thing I'd ever seen on TV. Now flash forward a decade and every show is serialized. Angel was ahead of its time.

Season 4 was classic, I dunno what these cats are talking about.

The lead up to the Beast appearing.

Him beating the shyt out of everyone.

Finding out he's just a random goon for Jasmine.

The end of "Shiny Happy People".

Finding out what Jasmine really is, choosing to reveal it to the world, and damn near ending the world in the process.

C'mon man. I suggest anyone questioning the quality give it a rewatch.

Fred.

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
That season was just high-key depressing and a spiral of desperate situations. Beast comes thru and is unstoppable, they have the bright idea to bring you-know-who back for hom yo become as big of a threat then cap it off with an uphill battle vs. a god on earth? Season had DBZ Namek Saga levels of intensity and desperation. :wow:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
That season was just high-key depressing and a spiral of desperate situations. Beast comes thru and is unstoppable, they have the bright idea to bring you-know-who back for hom yo become as big of a threat then cap it off with an uphill battle vs. a god on earth? Season had DBZ Namek Saga levels of intensity and desperation. :wow:
:blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I don't know how gun did not open that door and cut his head off right there:pacspit:

The subtle :mjpls: in that scene and not long before that he was throwing BBC fantasy at Wesley :dead:

Whole gang got etherized by a man in a cage.

Angelus: That my shirt? :steviej:

Connor: Yeah :birdman:

Angelus: Looks good on you... Son :mjgrin:

Connor: So did Cordy :smugfavre:

Angelus: She looks good on everybody :troll:

:russ:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
The subtle :mjpls: in that scene and not long before that he was throwing BBC fantasy at Wesley :dead:

Whole gang got etherized by a man in a cage.

Angelus: That my shirt? :steviej:

Connor: Yeah :birdman:

Angelus: Looks good on you... Son :mjgrin:

Connor: So did Cordy :smugfavre:

Angelus: She looks good on everybody :troll:

:russ:
David Boreanaz used to have all kinds of fun as Angelus:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:Dude was fukkery personified:dead::dead:You mean killing the beast REALLY brings back the sun???:why::martin: