Does Buffy the Vampire Slayer still hold up in 2022?

PharaohAtem

King Of Egypt.
Daps
You have to start Angel now. There are crossover episodes where storylines carry over.

Here's a viewing guide:

Is there a combined playlist of Buffy and Angel? I don’t want to keep going back and forth between both shows

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Is there a combined playlist of Buffy and Angel? I don’t want to keep going back and forth between both shows
They rarely ever cross streams, Angel was a vehicle for Charisma Carpenter, Joss Whedon had a serious thing for her, but can you blame him. Have you seen her!!!

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
"Buffy" fell off towards the end because Joss Whedon foolishly sent his best writers over to "Angel".

Which initially wasn't an issue since Whedon was still the show runner for "Buffy" but when it came time for him to work on "Firefly" he left "Buffy" in the hands of Marti Noxon....who promptly ran it into the ground.

"Angel" on the other hand was in my top 5 TV shows of all time until the Golden Age started, after "The Wire", "Breaking Bad", etc. it got pushed out. But it's arguably still top 10.

If I remember correctly in the original ending they all died, but fans made them retcon it into the comic book series. I think the original ending is better because the whole point of the series is you keep fighting and do the right thing, no matter the cost.

Fred.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
"Buffy" fell off towards the end because Joss Whedon foolishly sent his best writers over to "Angel".

Which initially wasn't an issue since Whedon was still the show runner for "Buffy" but when it came time for him to work on "Firefly" he left "Buffy" in the hands of Marti Noxon....who promptly ran it into the ground.

"Angel" on the other hand was in my top 5 TV shows of all time until the Golden Age started, after "The Wire", "Breaking Bad", etc. it got pushed out. But it's arguably still top 10.

If I remember correctly in the original ending they all died, but fans made them retcon it into the comic book series. I think the original ending is better because the whole point of the series is you keep fighting and do the right thing, no matter the cost.

Fred.
Yea the squad makes it but...it's not all positive in the continuation either :mjcry:

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
I’ll honestly put the Mayor-Faith season of Buffy and the Connor-The Beast-Whatever the Old-One Name Is season of Angel up against any other shows to this day :wow:

Semi-related special shout out to Wesley who had the best nerd turned brooding troubled anti-hero arc in any show IMO (with Fitz from Agents of Shield as a not too distant 2nd place)

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I’ll honestly put the Mayor-Faith season of Buffy and the Connor-The Beast-Whatever the Old-One Name Is season of Angel up against any other shows to this day :wow:

Semi-related special shout out to Wesley who had the best nerd turned brooding troubled anti-hero arc in any show IMO (with Fitz from Agents of Shield as a not too distant 2nd place)
From Rogue Demon Hunter :blessed: :blessed: To joining beard gang and catching bodies with pure:demonic:

PharaohAtem

King Of Egypt.
Daps
Only problem I have so far is the way they ended Oz and Willow. I know Seth wanted to leave but they could’ve avoided the cheating on Willow part and having her cry for several episodes :smh:

But on the bright side Willows drunk white girl dance and Xander fighting harmony was hilarious.

PharaohAtem

King Of Egypt.
Daps
Adam killed two doctors, a kid then started preaching to other vampires for the rest of the season. Dumbass demonoid gonna get betrayed by Spike :beli:

Edit: I took a detour from Buffy to watch the follow up episodes with Faith on Angel. This show got a serious vibe, Angel shows more emotion here too, being around a Hellmouth must've made him miserable

Last edited:
Daps

When Angel visited him in the hospital was one of the best scenes of any show ever. :wow:

When it cut to black and Angel was still yelling "I'll kill you!!!! You're dead!!! DEAD!!!! :damn: "

Wesley messed up Angel's life, man. :wow:

But when Connor came back shooting stakes and they did the Matrix bullet time trick. :wow: