Does Beauty and the Beast look terrible?

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
i don't remember an english accent...i remember her sounding american. but i haven't watched it in forever...either way there was more stuff that made it clear it was "french"
I meant American

But It doesn't matter this movie is made for Mostly an American audience. How can people bytch about Belle not being French when she wasn't portrayed as such in the cartoon.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I doubt the producers on the movie cared what accent the character of Belle had/has for this movie. They probably just made a list of the most famous actresses under the age of 28 and crossed them off accordingly until one said yes.

My guess is Emma Watson was like 4th on that list under Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Stone and Brie Larson.

If there was a Marion Cotillard level actress of the right age it would'a been her.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
What the hell was The Beast a Prince of, exactly? You mean to tell me that none of these villagers knew about the giant, dark, ominous castle that was 20 miles up the hill?

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
What the hell was The Beast a Prince of, exactly? You mean to tell me that none of these villagers knew about the giant, dark, ominous castle that was 20 miles up the hill?
Did you know the story?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I meant American

But It doesn't matter this movie is made for Mostly an American audience. How can people bytch about Belle not being French when she wasn't portrayed as such in the cartoon.
i bytch about it because
1 - i'm tired of the UK centric way fairy tales/fantasy pieces are treated. it's like every time one of these comes out, greater UK accents and actors are the go-to
2 - in doing so (re: 1) it inherently limits the way they cast these...as a female who grew up under the lilly white princess movie regime, i'm very over it and wish that they'd attempt to be more appealing. when they go the english/UK actor route, it's easy to just throw diversity out the window. not that an american movie would break the mold, but there is a better chance.
3 - i'm american, this is an american produced film, why the fukk are we dikkriding the english so hard - yes, i'm on my trump shyt. start putting more american actors in shyt, fukk an emma watson

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
i bytch about it because
1 - i'm tired of the UK centric way fairy tales/fantasy pieces are treated. it's like every time one of these comes out, greater UK accents and actors are the go-to
2 - in doing so (re: 1) it inherently limits the way they think about casting these...as a female who grew up under the lilly white princess movie regime, i'm very over it and wish that they'd attempt to be more appealing. when they go the english/UK actor route, it's easy to just throw diversity out the window
3 - i'm american, this is an american produced film, why the fukk are we dikkriding the english so hard - yes, i'm on my trump shyt. start putting more american actors in shyt, fukk an emma watson
Awwwwww