Does anyone watch this web series on YouTube called Money and Violence, based out of Flatbush?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
He just a street nikka that decided to do a show. He learned how to edit, film, write all that on his own and watching youtube clips. That's why the first few episodes are rough around the edges with the editing.

Nobody on the show has acting experience, they all just Rafe's friends. Miz is his partner/co-owner of Cloud9TV. Miz character is based off Miz real life best friend. Rafe's character is basically him playing himself.
Damn bro I love it. The whole concept and i'm astounded by the quality. smh

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is proof quality of acting in hood shyt don't matter all that much. The shyt just feels authentic so its very entertaining.

Saying that I'm from London. Does it seem very authentic to NYers in term of the culture/slang/ etc portrayed?
Absolutely. It's clearly raw and shyt. It ain't Top Boy quality but it's almost even more impressive cause imagine the budget limitations.

Xbox One X

the kufi smacker
Daps
Reppin
Colifarnia
Yo this nikka Ty :deadmanny: his wack acting is so bad it's excellent

Ty acting is better than alot of them other nikkas imo
sNX8BNf.png

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
This is proof quality of acting in hood shyt don't matter all that much. The shyt just feels authentic so its very entertaining.

Saying that I'm from London. Does it seem very authentic to NYers in term of the culture/slang/ etc portrayed?
Yes. Only thing is they sightly exaggerate how bad Flatbush is (In terms of crime) IRL, most nikkas from other areas think its a "good hood". Also they don't mention the gangs like the Crips which have a major presence in Flatbush street life IRL, no fancy handshakes those gang nikkas be doing either :ld:but its understandable, probably don't want anyone in the cast getting pressed by crip nikkas IRL. Cam got shot in DC cause of something his character said in one of those hood movies he played in.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
first im hearing of this. i hope they do it in seasons and keep us waiting a bit after a while. i dont want dudes to burn out man.

this shyt makes me antsy though for reasons I cant explain. Theyre kinda doing something that will bring a lot of attn to something me and my dudes are trying to do. Hopefully it doesnt catch on and create a bunch of followers that saturate the market though.

on episode 3 and i ALREADY see great improvements.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
first im hearing of this. i hope they do it in seasons and keep us waiting a bit after a while. i dont want dudes to burn out man.

this shyt makes me antsy though for reasons I cant explain. Theyre kinda doing something that will bring a lot of attn to something me and my dudes are trying to do. Hopefully it doesnt catch on and create a bunch of followers that saturate the market though.

on episode 3 and i ALREADY see great improvements.

Then adapt or die or do better instead of praying for their limited success :pharrell:

Unless you actually out there gettin busy on some street sh!t

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Then adapt or die or do better instead of praying for their limited success :pharrell:

Unless you actually out there gettin busy on some street sh!t
Lol nothing like that...I can't give what were doing away...but it has nothing to do with wanting them to have limited success. My idea is completely diff...and would actually help them. Thus I am hoping it doesn't give others a similar idea Thats all I'll say.