Does anyone watch this web series on YouTube called Money and Violence, based out of Flatbush?

BlaKcMoney

Hijo Del Ray
Daps
they got a few good characters in here, not bad im on epidsode 15. Anyone know of any other good black webseries that aren't chick flicks or some fake reality show

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I'm curious about production costs and shyt. You said Rafe runs it but who is he?
Production costs? If you already have an camera and video editing software, it shouldn't cost that much to film this web series. I wonder if the "actors" on this show get paid though. If they don't get paid and are just doing this on some hobby tip then it probably costs little to nothing to flim this, main expenses would be the camera and video editing software :ld:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I'm curious about production costs and shyt. You said Rafe runs it but who is he?

He just a street nikka that decided to do a show. He learned how to edit, film, write all that on his own and watching youtube clips. That's why the first few episodes are rough around the edges with the editing.

Nobody on the show has acting experience, they all just Rafe's friends. Miz is his partner/co-owner of Cloud9TV. Miz character is based off Miz real life best friend. Rafe's character is basically him playing himself.

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
This is proof quality of acting in hood shyt don't matter all that much. The shyt just feels authentic so its very entertaining.

Saying that I'm from London. Does it seem very authentic to NYers in term of the culture/slang/ etc portrayed?