Does anyone else hate villains that don't actually do villainous things?

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I know...but people's biggest complaint is that he was weak.

We need to see that stuff actually happen. We didn't see him catch any Rec on screen to make us like :ohhh: this shyt is real

I never got how people thought he was weak when clearly in a toe to toe fight he made the strongest GOTG member look like trash.

For all intensive purposes, not only did he soundly defeat Drax, he killed him and if it wasn't for Groot..... This dude woodve (see what I did there) meet his wife in the afterlife

Not to mention later on dude got shot with a gun that destroys planets and survived unscathed!

So dude is weak Cuz he got distracted by some purposely and strategically done silly shyt??

Man fukk that Ronan was the truth!

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Im not the biggest Batman guy and shyt
but the way they did the Joker was just off the meat
its like they sat the big homie down (RIP Heath) and said "look H, there is NO fukkery limit for this role. Get wild... get crazy kid! Balls in your court."
I was in the theater with like 3 of my homeboys and it was one time where it was completely necessary for a group of black men to get loud at the flix :russ:

when he popped up with the nurse get-up on :mjlol:

I fukkin lost it!
AND we was bent!

good times :mjcry:
the way you said that shyt I could picture that shyt:pachaha:

Joker: HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.:troll::hamster:
BXKingPin82 & Co:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :wtf::gladbron::ohhh: :mindblown::krs::ohlawd:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
I have to agree with this. And you're right, it may be the Disney brand but this is also the same company that has produced Scar, Jafar, and Cruela Devil just to name a few and even they got the chance to do villainous things in their movies. There's never the sense of dread in those movies or even the threat of the villain pushing the hero or even the threat of the hero losing

I'm not saying they gotta torture people or anything like that but yeah it helps if the villain actually does some damage. I love Guardians but Ronan's issues as a character are in the storytelling: There's a lot of showing instead of telling. I keep hearing about these foul things he's done but never see anything and when I do see something, it's against faceless people so I don't care and it comes off as hollow. The best villains are the ones that either make things personal with the hero by taking something from him/her or they just don't give a fukk and have no problem inflicting damage and we SEE this damage and feel it, all in the name of testing the hero

Don't the villains in Iron Man 3 meet this criteria though:mjpls:

I mean the villains were responsible for hospitalising the hero's best friend (which made it a personal affair), turning his girlfriend into live bomb/trophy and a series of bombings. The villain was giving disabled veterans a faulty drug that could cause them to blow up:huhldup: just to secure contracts:smh:.They attacked the hero head on when they were called out and blew up his house, which led to Iron Man having no advanced A.I helper or armors for a large portion of the movie and forcing the hero to adapt to take them on. This also increased the threat level to him as he was fighting super powered enemies with no help or armor. Even when he got them back they were pretty much useless and ripped to pieces. The main armor that he sort of had didn't even work properly which meant he had to think outside of the box when in it as opposed to just firing off 3 or 4 bunker busters.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I mean the villains were responsible for hospitalising the hero's best friend (which made it a personal affair), turning his girlfriend into live bomb/trophy and a series of bombings. The villain was giving disabled veterans a faulty drug that could cause them to blow up:huhldup: just to secure contracts:smh:.They attacked the hero head on when they were called out and blew up his house, which led to Iron Man having no advanced A.I helper or armors for a large portion of the movie and forcing the hero to adapt to take them on. This also increased the threat level to him as he was fighting super powered enemies with no help or armor. Even when he got them back they were pretty much useless and ripped to pieces. The main armor that he sort of had didn't even work properly which meant he had to think outside of the box when in it as opposed to just firing off 3 or 4 bunker busters.

Yeah I'll give them iron man 3

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.

The problem with iron man 3 for me personally was the promotion. They promoted the fukk out that shyt like the Manderin was gone fukk shyt up. Built it up only to swerve on a nikka. Honestly I was enjoying the fukk out that movie until the swerve. I understand the concept they were trying to pull and the message but I just could not forgive that swerve. I had become too invested in the mandarin by that time :laugh:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The problem with iron man 3 for me personally was the promotion. They promoted the fukk out that shyt like the Manderin was gone fukk shyt up. Built it up only to swerve on a nikka. Honestly I was enjoying the fukk out that movie until the swerve. I understand the concept they were trying to pull and the message but I just could not forgive that swerve. I had become too invested in the mandarin by that time :laugh:

Swerve was cool with me man.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The same thing that happened to you with bane in TDKR brehski. You were invested in bane only for that nikka to be undercut by fukking Talia :laugh:

Completely fair breh. Understand you completely then :salute:I guess the difference for me is I never saw the mandarin putting in work and I did see Bane put in work and it was glorious :banderas:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
The best villains are the ones that either make things personal with the hero by taking something from him/her or they just don't give a fukk and have no problem inflicting damage and we SEE this damage and feel it, all in the name of testing the hero
I'm sure nikkas wouldnt just complain because it's marvel and say it's cliche on some oh it's a damsel in distress, again, shyt :sas1:
Villains in Iron Man 3 were out there causing bombings, hijacking planes, killed his ex and even turned Iron Man's current girl into a live bomb, they don't wanna hear it though:wow:
nikkas really hopin on marvels downfall, they best pull up a chair cause they in for a long wait :blessed:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm sure nikkas wouldnt just complain because it's marvel and say it's cliche on some oh it's a damsel in distress, again, shyt :sas1:

nikkas really hopin on marvels downfall, they best pull up a chair cause they in for a long wait :blessed:

I'm not even talking damsel in distress per say, just make it personal. That's why I love Green Goblin so much breh, he was the first dude to make it personal, really personal. He took it upon himself to find out spider-man's true identity, then got his girl involved, the woman he was going to propose to. And managed to make peter question his own responsibility in the whole issue, fukking him up for years.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Blame the writing or the actors...

On the low, the tv show Luther had some villains that had me like :lupe: whenever they were on screen. Just because of the way they built the tension.
The twins :wow:

Walking down a street full of traffic, picking a random car with a family in it and just beating the fukk out of a dude with a hammer :mjcry:

Walking into an office building throwing gas in people's eyes and hammering the fukk out of them :sadcam: