Does anyone else hate villains that don't actually do villainous things?

sun raw

All Star
Daps
We'll probably never see anything like the 'magic trick' from Dark Knight in a comic book movie again, Avengers changed everything :to:

I don't even think that movie took Loki seriously. It's why the best scene is Hulk beating the shyt out of him and that's treated as a punchline.

Piff Huxtable

Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps
i want my villians to be #HOH scumbags

rob-roy-176.jpg

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
If they made the villains serious like catching mad bodies on screen then most works would be like GOT where all of your favorite good guys get clapped. :wow: The masses ain't ready for that, they want to feel good when they leave the theater.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm not saying they gotta torture people or anything like that but yeah it helps if the villain actually does some damage. I love Guardians but Ronan's issues as a character are in the storytelling: There's a lot of showing instead of telling. I keep hearing about these foul things he's done but never see anything and when I do see something, it's against faceless people so I don't care and it comes off as hollow. The best villains are the ones that either make things personal with the hero by taking something from him/her or they just don't give a fukk and have no problem inflicting damage and we SEE this damage and feel it, all in the name of testing the hero

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marvel been the WORST at their portrayals of villains :scusthov:

And they got some dope villains in the comics but never get them quite right when it comes to the movies. Or Disney wants them to hold back and not go there. This is the ONLY problem whenever I go see a Marvel movie to include the Age of Ultron. I'm going to be feeling like there's no imminent threat throughout the film. Even with The Winter Soldier I felt that way.

DC and their use of villains on the OTHER HAND! :blessed: (which is more of the reason why I cannot WAIT for the Suicide Squad movie to come!).

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Marvel been the WORST at their portrayals of villains :scusthov:

And they got some dope villains in the comics but never get them quite right when it comes to the movies. Or Disney wants them to hold back and not go there. This is the ONLY problem whenever I go see a Marvel movie to include the Age of Ultron. I'm going to be feeling like there's no imminent threat throughout the film. Even with The Winter Soldier I felt that way.

DC and their use of villains on the OTHER HAND! :blessed: (which is more of the reason why I cannot WAIT for the Suicide Squad movie to come!).

I have to agree with this. And you're right, it may be the Disney brand but this is also the same company that has produced Scar, Jafar, and Cruela Devil just to name a few and even they got the chance to do villainous things in their movies. There's never the sense of dread in those movies or even the threat of the villain pushing the hero or even the threat of the hero losing

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is why Scar will always be one of the GOATs. Killing his brother, singing songs about his long term villain game and shyt. :whew:
Scar is goat. Im still mad two decades later that simba overthrew him. Simba ran away and stayed away eating roaches and worms while his mothers had to " present" to scar everydayband be his peronal bytch and booty calls. What type of lion is satisfird eating insects. Scar made his own destiny. The goat.moment isnscar not showing up to the celebration at thr beginning

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Thanos(w/ nebula) is gonna destroy Xandar like Eson the searcher did to that one nameless planet, and probably fukk shyt up on asgard and come down to earth on some johnathan hickman infinity type war shyt:ohlawd:
Gotta ration out the work, can't be on some man of steel, hail mary in the first quarter shyt:whoa:

Also everytime you see a villain it's their origin story, so same thing, gotta ration out the work.

Thor and hulk finna black out in infinity war part 2:banderas:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
Scar is goat. Im still mad two decades later that simba overthrew him. Simba ran away and stayed away eating roaches and worms while his mothers had to " present" to scar everydayband be his peronal bytch and booty calls. What type of lion is satisfird eating insects. Scar made his own destiny. The goat.moment isnscar not showing up to the celebration at thr beginning
Simba was a fukking child....that was lied to:mindblown: so its understandable he dipped.

And by Scar "making his own destiny" by killing his own brother is some fukk-nikka shyt.

But nikkas cosigning crazy shyt on this board never ceases to amaze me.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Simba was a fukking child....that was lied to:mindblown: so its understandable he dipped.

And by Scar "making his own destiny" by killing his own brother is some fukk-nikka shyt.

But nikkas cosigning crazy shyt on this board never ceases to amaze me.

This. Whoever co-signs a piece of shyt that killed his brother for gain can't be trusted.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
LMAO I was reading that shyt like this nikka can't be serious. Ronan literally didn't do a single thing of significance the whole movie. nikka talking bout he killed a planet, nah nikka they told us he killed a planet I ain't see shyt.:pachaha:
Exactly lol

maybe if even just for a quick clip of something exploring and some people falling or something