Does anyone else hate villains that don't actually do villainous things?

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Im not the biggest Batman guy and shyt
but the way they did the Joker was just off the meat
its like they sat the big homie down (RIP Heath) and said "look H, there is NO fukkery limit for this role. Get wild... get crazy kid! Balls in your court."
I was in the theater with like 3 of my homeboys and it was one time where it was completely necessary for a group of black men to get loud at the flix :russ:

when he popped up with the nurse get-up on :mjlol:

I fukkin lost it!
AND we was bent!

good times :mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You guys got me started thinking of this scene...

9GzXtNp.gif

On a side note, it's too bad that most of Marvel's best villains are owned by other studios (Doom, Magneto, Galactus, etc) :mjcry:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You guys got me started thinking of this scene...

9GzXtNp.gif

On a side note, it's too bad that most of Marvel's best villains are owned by other studios (Doom, Magneto, Galactus, etc) :mjcry:

That's true. And a lot of the villains of the guys they do have aren't all that great if we're being real about it. They don't have the heavy hitters. They may get Osborn soon but damn I hope they don't neuter him

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
That's true. And a lot of the villains of the guys they do have aren't all that great if we're being real about it. They don't have the heavy hitters. They may get Osborn soon but damn I hope they don't neuter him

They have Loki but Hiddleston is too well liked by (female) fans that Marvel won't have him go full villain. They'll keep him in that 'ambiguous villain' role where's he's more of a jealous flawed guy than outright evil.

I expect (or hope) things will heat up with Ultron and Thanos, neither of whom should theoretically give a fukk about how many bodies they crush and souls they take. Ultron out of disinterest, Thanos because that's what he loves.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
They have Loki but Hiddleston is too well liked by (female) fans that Marvel won't have him go full villain. They'll keep him in that 'ambiguous villain' role where's he's more of a jealous flawed guy than outright evil.

I expect (or hope) things will heat up with Ultron and Thanos, neither of whom should theoretically give a fukk about how many bodies they crush and souls they take. Ultron out of disinterest, Thanos because that's what he loves.

Even in the comics Loki wasnt even truly evil.... :yeshrug: There been plenty of times when he has done good shyt.
Now thanos.....:pachaha:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Yea I been feeling the same way about Marvel villians but DC kills it with villains all teh time. I know people shyt on that Green Lantern movie but even that villain was sucking nikkas souls from their body and straight bodying people. None of these Marvel villains can hold a candle to Joker in TDK. He straight up had me bugging b/c you had no idea what he was gonna do next. That hospital scene...
n565133527_504044_9357.jpg

Hell even in MOS Faora was bodying muthafukkas.
Faora.gif

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Even in the comics Loki wasnt even truly evil.... :yeshrug: There been plenty of times when he has done good shyt.

I know, but at least they would occasionally turn him and emphasize why he's a threat to everyone.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
I don't need a villain to be catching tons of bodies per say in my movies, just succeed enough to actually be labeled a threat.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Marvel been the WORST at their portrayals of villains :scusthov:

And they got some dope villains in the comics but never get them quite right when it comes to the movies. Or Disney wants them to hold back and not go there. This is the ONLY problem whenever I go see a Marvel movie to include the Age of Ultron. I'm going to be feeling like there's no imminent threat throughout the film. Even with The Winter Soldier I felt that way.

DC and their use of villains on the OTHER HAND! :blessed: (which is more of the reason why I cannot WAIT for the Suicide Squad movie to come!).
this is why I loved X-Men Days of Future Past, I really felt like the entire fate of humanity was at stake. Other marvel films I'm in no doubt of whether the hero is going to conquer the villain or not.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
this is why I loved X-Men Days of Future Past, I really felt like the entire fate of humanity was at stake. Other marvel films I'm in no doubt of whether the hero is going to conquer the villain or not.
the one thing that doesn't really help is when you know that they are going to make iron man 3 before you see Avengers. So it takes a lot of the drama out of the scene where iron man plants the nuke in the spaceship.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Yea I been feeling the same way about Marvel villians but DC kills it with villains all teh time. I know people shyt on that Green Lantern movie but even that villain was sucking nikkas souls from their body and straight bodying people. None of these Marvel villains can hold a candle to Joker in TDK. He straight up had me bugging b/c you had no idea what he was gonna do next. That hospital scene...
n565133527_504044_9357.jpg

Hell even in MOS Faora was bodying muthafukkas.
Faora.gif
No lie I felt that Faora was a better vilain in M.O.S than Zod was. She der had the best line in the movie on top of the better fight scenes. Her bodying them air force nikkas was :banderas:

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
conversely, i also hate it when good guys are doing bad shyt but we are still supposed to root for them.

like when cops break the law to get a confession outta somebody or some shyt. that just makes me hate the cop AND the criminal.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the one thing that doesn't really help is when you know that they are going to make iron man 3 before you see Avengers. So it takes a lot of the drama out of the scene where iron man plants the nuke in the spaceship.

And the damn Avengers trailer too...

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
yeah man
I read Thanos Rising thinking I knew the character like that
I was like DAMN:huhldup: