Essential Documentary Thread

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
Watched this on netflix the other day. The Pruitt-Igoe Myth. Definitely worth checking out.

just finished this up and man so many damn questions.
1. The psychology of the people in there to break their own shyt
2. The fuked up way they paid but nothing got fixed.

and really what could be done differently from all sides.

Oh and that planned destruction of the family unit, i didn't know that. They made fathers leave their families...but then wonder why ghetto families are all broken, AND i asked my moms and she said that shyt was country wide :smh:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
just finished this up and man so many damn questions.
1. The psychology of the people in there to break their own shyt
2. The fuked up way they paid but nothing got fixed.

and really what could be done differently from all sides.

Oh and that planned destruction of the family unit, i didn't know that. They made fathers leave their families...but then wonder why ghetto families are all broken, AND i asked my moms and she said that shyt was country wide :smh:
Yeah you didn't know? That's one conservative critique of the welfare system that does have validity. It's bullshyt that people lose benefits if the father was present.

• Dap
Reactions: .r.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Watched this the other day. Pretty informative about the psyche of people who own exotic pets

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL

Panorama tracks down a fraudster who stole a football club and broke a bank. With his tales of foreign gold and assets worth 2 trillion dollars, the con man fooled politicians, celebrities and the City. He even tricked the former England football manager, Sven-Goran Eriksson, into visiting North Korea to support his scam. So why were so many people taken in, and how did one man run rings round the regulators and authorities?

The description of this sounds a lot like that New York Islanders 30 for 30

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Haven't been able to find the OG thread about the violence in CAR (any help with that would be appreciated) but felt like this 40min documentary was worth posting here to share with the numerous brehs that were interested in the situation in my country :to:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Who Remembers This? I Do *shivers* :merchant: I remember just channel surfing and they were showing a news piece on that, as I was watching I was feeling disturbed and Intrigued at the same time but moreso disturbed because I felt like I shouldn't have been watching that shyt, crazy thing happened as it got creepier and creepier my tv turned off I turned it back on and it turned off again. I was the only one home so I was shook, I promptly left it off and went to a friends house