Do you think you could handle being rich?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
nah i feel you're going down a dangerous path here.
being rich elevates you to a peak that allows u to see more of what life has to offer. right now, being a layman, u view the world from the angle of your status. when ur rich, life is different.

i'm sure 99% of the rich wont trade places with u. whereas 99% of the people of your status will kill to trade places with the rich.

that tells u all u need to know.
there are poor people in Africa that starve to death that would kill to be in my position. to them i am rich. there's always somebody to look up at and want to be and there's always somebody to look down on and not want to be.

Kenyan West

lazy fba philly nikka,
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Of course. I would chill 24/7 with my exotic dimes and my exotic beers in exotic locales. Bills paid, family debts are eradicated. Give myself like 150k a year, throw the rest in a saving account and let that shyt overflow.

Honestly, I would just chill to the grave. I would never buy crap I dont need. I wouldn't be boastful or ostentatious. I would just spend a few bucks here to travel every once in a while.

I cant think of anything I would really want to buy anyway. Fancy cars and houses mean nothing to someone like me.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
To those thinking they cant...dont let celebs fool you. The thread didnt ask about fame...only fortune. You think Hedge Fund managers and CEOs are turning crazy because of their money?? Nah brehs

bangedher_wholesquad

carlos danger
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah easy.

i'd imagine things would be like 100000 times better than being broke. and being broke can be aight. lol.

Username

The Fly (1836)
Daps
Reppin
MANHATTAN
My family has always done well financially.

As long as you don't sully the family name we're good.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there are poor people in Africa that starve to death that would kill to be in my position. to them i am rich. there's always somebody to look up at and want to be and there's always somebody to look down on and not want to be.

this is not a good argument in support of your stance.

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
I'd live the same as I do now... BUT with a better car, bigger house. I wouldn't flaunt out like "Lavish"...

Just be a low key dude

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Thats the fame that do that not the money bruh

With money comes fame though, unless you don't buy stuff that cost a lot, and I mean ANYTHING. Just having the best weed all the time, will make people notice you.

I had money before,and saw how people treat you as opposed to when you didn't have it. When you go to the store, and buy clothes in the afternoon when everyone is working, and you buy all this name brand shyt, you will get noticed, and asked "what do you do"?.

When you drive a car, that is CLEAN, and no one else in the area drives something like that, you will be noticed, and get fame. When you are smoking on the best herb, know all about it, and no one else has it, you will be noticed. Now combine all of this, and you be famous in your area making unwarranted attention. The best thing to do is move to an area where people have money like you, and buy things that aren't flashy for that area so you can blend in. The only people who will know you have money is your family, BUT they will wants some, and talk shyt about you when you say NO. If you let it be known you will fight them, or shyt on them verbally, they will be nice to you out of fear, but they will still talk shyt behind your back.

The only thing you can do is live life, and stay low key. The jewelry, high end clothes, high quality weed smoking constantly around people, carrying large amounts of cash, giving money out to friends/family, and driving flashy cars, has to stop or will have problems with the law, stick up kids, and chicks looking to use you. You can still have these things, but you have to do it in a smarter way. For instance instead of a 600 benz with rims, you get a regular Audi A8. Most people don't look at that car too tough, unless they know cars, and all women know about is a benz or bmw, when they think RICH money. Or you have a regular car when driving through certain neighborhoods when you are going to see your people. Instead of big jewelry, you get a nice ring. Just having a shyt load of money is what gives you that confidence you want, so there is no need to tell others. Trust me they will soon find out, if they are always around you.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Yes, I could handle being rich. Twenty years ago, probably not.

I would keep on working but not in my current job. It would be my own company. Something like managing rental properties that I own, or building/modifying custom cars or motorcycles for rich customers. Sitting around doing nothing would get old fast.

I'm not big on mansions, planes, boats, and fancy vacations. Probably the most fancy thing I would get would be a mid-1990s Porsche 911 turbo updated with ballistic windows, bullet-proof body panels, and a roll cage and the engine switched out with a turbo-diesel engine that runs on waste vegetable oil.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My life ain't much of shyt with or without money anyway. Might as well live in plush surroundings and have/do things i feel like. :yeshrug:

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
Hell yeah, let me get a hold to a fortune. I'm hooking up immediate family then I'm moving far away.

Let's say I got 100 million after taxes, about 15-20 towards "donations" then I'm copping an east coast crib for about 700k, cop a west coast crib in the Hollywood Hills or somewhere like that for about 5 milly. Spend about 200k on a few slightly used whips (like a BMW, a Benz, or a brand new Acura for everyday driving).

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
It seems like a lot of these rich celebs just flat out break down and go crazy. in some respects they lead lives where material possessions and the instant short lived gratifications they bring no longer do anything for them. they have to find meaning and happiness somewhere else (religion, sex, drugs, alcohol, attention whore stunts, ect)

middle class people take for granted the fact that they can works towards a higher goal. the kid that has a Pontiac G6 for his first car can work towards that BMW or Benz and feel like he's accomplished something when he gets rid of that lesser car in favor of the higher end one.

some of these celebs have more cars than they can drive. there's no i'm gonna get out of this apartment and get a house, i'm gonna get a better car. i'm gonna save up and get this or get that. whatever they want in an instant it could be theirs.

yeah but everybody is trying to work to get thre. If ur job came to you offering you a promotion and you'd make $2mil a year, ur gonna take it.

Secondly, the people you're talking about are celebs. There's a difference between rich and being a rich celebrity. When ur famous there's a bunch of other stuff, lack of privacy, lies being spread, etc, that goes along

There's people with millions of dollars in the bank that you may see on the street and nobody knows it.