Do you think Microsoft will eventually drop hardware and go 3rd party?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Question/Topic was specific to consoles.

I know they consider everything with it comes to their business, but if PC sales start cannibalizing console sales to a high degree, changes will be made.

Same with mobile.

This also kind of proves that whole “pc and console sales don’t overlap” rhetoric in the beginning of this gen was false. Day and date releases on pc will definitely eat into console hardware sales.

I don’t think with day one pc releases that theres any chance xbox outsells the 360 (or even the xbox one) at this point

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
No need to go third-party when you can just buy all the parties, amirite guise?

kuww613.gif

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
The writing been on the wall .

Assuming this current gen last until 2026-2027 , I doubt they will be back with a console. They already got the ball rolling with gamepass.
That's the thing as others have mentioned, I don't think their next hardware release is a traditional console. It will be more like a Stadia/NVidia Shield type device that will handle local processing and caching that leverages gamepass and streaming.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Question/Topic was specific to consoles.

I know they consider everything with it comes to their business, but if PC sales start cannibalizing console sales to a high degree, changes will be made.

Same with mobile.
Because most people here are console gamers. Most of the topics of discussion on this forum relate to that.

PC and mobile have better potential than consoles. I don’t know if you’ve noticed but the previous 3 console generations if you add up Sony and Microsoft’s console sales it’s within about 10 million of the same number. They aren’t really adding customers as a net positive just chasing after the same limited number of them.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That's the thing as others have mentioned, I don't think their next hardware release is a traditional console. It will be more like a Stadia/NVidia Shield type device that will handle local processing and caching that leverages gamepass and streaming.

Yeah, it just doesn’t make sense for them to keep losing money on hardware indefinitly. Sony and (sometimes) nintendo start out losing money but it ends up moving into the black once they scale down through revisions, like the 6nm PS5’s right now. Microsoft still hasn’t had a major revision and it doesn’t look like they will after they announced the new S model.

Daps
Sony stans so triggered at the ActiBlizz acquisition going through after deluding themselves it "couldn't happen" they're tryna summon the Dragon Balls IRL to wish MS outta the console business now. :mjlol: Yea dummies, Microsoft just paid $70 billion for Bethesda and all them, in no small part because they were THAT scared of Sony buying exclusivity for Starfield/other Bethesda IPs going forward if they didn't.... so they could hand over complete exclusivity of every non-Nintendo franchise across the industry now and forever forward come next gen. You geniuses really figured it all out. :unimpressed: Why don't you tell Amazon, Tesla, Netflix, all of these companies with hundred billion to trillion dollar market caps how they did and/or are continuing to do it all wrong if they've ever operated at a loss (losses in some cases exponentially, thousands times greater than all the losses of Xbox across its entire existence) and should actually just be abandoning ship and closing up shop. :skip: I'm sure you six figure six cert coli brehs who know so much better will be reaching the top of NASDAQ with this stunning industry insight guiding you surely. :troll:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Sony stans so triggered at the ActiBlizz acquisition going through after deluding themselves it "couldn't happen" they're tryna summon the Dragon Balls IRL to wish MS outta the console business now. :mjlol: Yea dummies, Microsoft just paid $70 billion for Bethesda and all them, in no small part because they were THAT scared of Sony buying exclusivity for Starfield/other Bethesda IPs going forward if they didn't.... so they could hand over complete exclusivity of every non-Nintendo franchise across the industry now and forever forward come next gen. You geniuses really figured it all out. :unimpressed: Why don't you tell Amazon, Tesla, Netflix, all of these companies with hundred billion to trillion dollar market caps how they did and/or are continuing to do it all wrong if they've ever operated at a loss (losses in some cases exponentially, thousands times greater than all the losses of Xbox across its entire existence) and should actually just be abandoning ship and closing up shop. :skip: I'm sure you six figure six cert coli brehs who know so much better will be reaching the top of NASDAQ with this stunning industry insight guiding you surely. :troll:
We literally just watched Google close up shop (gaming) , tf you talking about?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Furious typing :picard: