Do you think Microsoft will eventually drop hardware and go 3rd party?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Wonder what kind of incentive they will give for putting it on nintendo and playstation? I assume they are more interested in cloud than continuing on with hardware at this rate
That's where the money is. Sony already has a partnership with MS in cloud (One of the big reasons I invested bread in MS was WinOffice and Cloud).

Canon

Veteran
Daps
I think we see one more console out of them before they move over to gamepass on Sony/nintendo stuff

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

During Microsoft’s earnings call on Tuesday, CEO Satya Nadella claimed Xbox set fourth quarter records for monthly active users and Game Pass engagement.

“We set new fourth quarter highs for monthly active users driven by strength off console as well monthly active devices,” he said. “And we saw record fourth quarter engagement across Game Pass, with hours played up 22% year-over-year.”

F16HcvMXoAA3Bk_

Xbox in such trouble :sadcam:

Crazy how some people go out of their way to put a negative spin on what’s going on with xbox :ehh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I doubt it. They’re still in the middle of acquisitions that will take some time to show fruit. Their hardware will pick up when their studios from these acquisitions start releasing games more frequently.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I doubt it. They’re still in the middle of acquisitions that will take some time to show fruit. Their hardware will pick up when their studios from these acquisitions start releasing games more frequently.

This. The zenimax purchase has only just now started to bear fruit. Even gizmo himself picked up a console for starfield so obviously that game alone will boost numbers

You gotta figure that once Activision/Blizzard gets fully integrated and they start pumping out games that they’ll be in a much different situation that they’re in now.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This. The zenimax purchase has only just now started to bear fruit. Even gizmo himself picked up a console for starfield so obviously that game alone will boost numbers

You gotta figure that once Activision/Blizzard gets fully integrated and they start pumping out games that they’ll be in a much different situation that they’re in now.
I'd agree with this, but since they are releasing day 1 on PC I don't think that boost will be as pronounced on the console end.

They're going to get money, but PC sales will be higher than anticipated which is going to eat into potential consoles sales.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'd agree with this, but since they are releasing day 1 on PC I don't think that boost will be as pronounced on the console end.

They're going to get money, but PC sales will be higher than anticipated which is going to eat into potential consoles sales.

Outside of COD theres nothing really even relevant to console hardware from ABK, they are mostly PC/Mobile so i dont think its gonna really do much for hardware sales.

Thats why theres so much riding on starfield, its the biggest game they have announced right now.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Not even Microsoft themselves believe that though

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

They consider PC and console both valuable platforms to their business and they’ll be adding mobile. Given the nature of this forum there’s an overemphasis on consoles but it’s just going to be part of what they do. To Sony and Nintendo consoles are pretty much everything and their fans view them the same way.

They’re just about to wrap up a major software drought and release high profile stuff. Their console sales will rebound. They’ll likely never be #1 but they’ll improve.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
They consider PC and console both valuable platforms to their business and they’ll be adding mobile. Given the nature of this forum there’s an overemphasis on consoles but it’s just going to be part of what they do. To Sony and Nintendo consoles are pretty much everything and their fans view them the same way.

They’re just about to wrap up a major software drought and release high profile stuff. Their console sales will rebound. They’ll likely never be #1 but they’ll improve.
Question/Topic was specific to consoles.

I know they consider everything with it comes to their business, but if PC sales start cannibalizing console sales to a high degree, changes will be made.

Same with mobile.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
They been pushing for cloud gaming but I can see Xbox being an OS more than a system again but MS got money to burn they should drop another console.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
The writing been on the wall .

Yes, next gen will be their last. It's becoming too expensive for them to stay in the console market with little return.

Assuming this current gen last until 2026-2027 , I doubt they will be back with a console. They already got the ball rolling with gamepass.