Do you think Microsoft has done enough to bring back the 360 gamers it lost to Sony.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Wrong, I was a day one Xbox owner with the Duke controller. A lot of people I knew who copped the OG Xbox were Dreamcast refugees, JSRF, Otomi, Panzer Dragoon.

Copped the 360 off the strength of Gears. Multiplayer and never even copped the the PS3, but after that Xbox One showcase at E3 I jumped to the PS4. Xbox no longer have the games I want to play or they crippled franchises I once loved.
I think he’s speaking on how Xbox ended up being the main install base. That doesn’t happen without former PS2 owners.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
We will see...:ld: cause they need to focus on GAMES, not this gamepass bullshyt...:hhh: Focus on Games not being in competition to Netflix!!! :why: it's a fukking GAMES console make fukking games!!!

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
No. They've done enough to appease their stans that's it :ld:
shyt, their stans were starving and still stanning, so there's that
But quality still not on par with Sony's

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
We will see...:ld: cause they need to focus on GAMES, not this gamepass bullshyt...:hhh: Focus on Games not being in competition to Netflix!!! :why: it's a fukking GAMES console make fukking games!!!

I still feel like my theory of microsoft heading mostly into service games to support gamepass is gonna come true. They need the in game MTX to make their money back on it, sony is doing it also but they aren’t relying on their service and their hardware is still the main money maker for them.

Daps
I think they have but not everyone has the same taste. Not every great game is going to be a big AAA movie like game. Nintendo makes mostly platformers and it has worked for them. The cheap gamepass deals and the games starting to come on their starting this summer look at least decent :ehh: Not everyone loves Halo but they have at least that as a major release for the year and the youtube multiplayer demonstration looked impressive

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tbf, the avg PS user doesn't buy their exclusives (the top exclusives get like 10-15% of the user base to buy it).

The avg Sony player is a casual, if MS keeps it up w/ GP and eventually adding uPlay, they'll get more ppl on. We also not factoring the xCloud app/tv stick in the works, a $100 streaming stick is a game changer for casuals(the Wii being so cheap was why ppl flocked to it).
The only way Microsoft gets casuals is if they add games like FIFA, Madden, etc on Gamepass. Console price doesn’t determine sales otherwise the Series S would be outselling the PS5 and the Series X, but it’s not.
The Wii success was due to its innovative nature and its fun casual games, not the cheap price.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tbf, the avg PS user doesn't buy their exclusives (the top exclusives get like 10-15% of the user base to buy it).

The avg Sony player is a casual, if MS keeps it up w/ GP and eventually adding uPlay, they'll get more ppl on. We also not factoring the xCloud app/tv stick in the works, a $100 streaming stick is a game changer for casuals(the Wii being so cheap was why ppl flocked to it).

T2qdLSD.png

The avg user is buying these titles just as much as their buying some third parties. Why do y'all use this "only 10~20% of the user base buys exclusives" arguments when that can be used for virtually every game? Selling 10~20% of a huge install base is no small feat. shyt, imagine you sold something to 10 to 20% of a 100 million or more install base. That's :win:

Every user is not buying the same game also. Spider-Man sold over 20 million units on PS4 which has an install base of around 100 million. That's about 20%.

Most third party games are not selling 20% of the install base. Heck, even Modern Warfare which has reportedly sold "30 million units across platforms" is units sold across 3 platforms.
The average 3rd party is not selling 30+ million units.

Only GTA V has hit stupidly high numbers like 90 million last time I heard. Even RDR2 "only" sold about 29 million units since launch across all platforms. Imagine if Spider-Man was on PC and Xbox? Or God of War day and date? The numbers would be extremely high. You'd be seeing potentially 40 million units sold for some of these games.

Point being that every user buys different games. Third party games on average aren't hitting 20~40% of the unit sold on one platform.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think they have but not everyone has the same taste. Not every great game is going to be a big AAA movie like game. Nintendo makes mostly platformers and it has worked for them. The cheap gamepass deals and the games starting to come on their starting this summer look at least decent :ehh:

This narrative that because sony makes single player games with good stories being “movie” games is so ridiculous at this point. HZD, Spider-man, God of War, Ratchet, Tsushima...these are open world or action heavy games. They just look good. Ratchet is no more a movie than super mario or banjo kazooie

The only games that even remotely fall in line with the “movie game” narrative are naughty dog games, and they still have fun gameplay.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I think they have but not everyone has the same taste. Not every great game is going to be a big AAA movie like game. Nintendo makes mostly platformers and it has worked for them. The cheap gamepass deals and the games starting to come on their starting this summer look at least decent :ehh: Not everyone loves Halo but they have at least that as a major release for the year and the youtube multiplayer demonstration looked impressive

Yeah but it shouldn't even be the main selling point of the system when clearly PC can do it too...:what: what's the point of buying the console where the games are lackluster...:mjlol: its simple cause and effect... they still haven't LEARNED!!!:stopitslime:

Daps
This narrative that because sony makes single player games with good stories being “movie” games is so ridiculous at this point. HZD, Spider-man, God of War, Ratchet, Tsushima...these are open world or action heavy games. They just look good.

The only games that even remotely fall in line with the “movie game” narrative are naughty dog games, and they still have fun gameplay.
I'm just going by the stan war narratives:hubie:
Anything that is cinematic, movie like, has set pieces, etc. is called a movie game
Stans would call Rift Apart a movie game when we all know it's just piff:yeshrug:
XSX momentum is building and gamepass isn't for everyone but it is a great why not thing as a gamer
I can play my PS5, browse around gamepass, go back to my PS5, etc.
I don't have a XSX yet though

Daps
Yeah but it shouldn't even be the main selling point of the system when clearly PC can do it too...:what: what's the point of buying the console where the games are lackluster...:mjlol: its simple cause and effect... they still haven't LEARNED!!!:stopitslime:
I disagree. If they didn't learn, we would have gotten a repeat of last year's horrible craig conference. it may not appeal to you but as long as their mindshare grows I think that's all they care about. yeah you can get some of the games on pc but the appeal of consoles is their convenience and that's their goal IMO. Some 2nd party PS5 excluives are coming on PC but I'm playing them on my PS5. Same thing will happen with the XSX. A lot of console owners don't own PCs and don't see the point

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
First Xbox was extremely innovative and heavily slept on.

Fanboys don't know when to stop and be serious.

Xbox started Hard Drives
Xbox OG let you stream any music and put it on any game
Xbox OG voice chats and voice masking
Xbox Live
Xbox Arcade
Making Call of Duty Popular
Mass Effect
Gears of War
Xbox Achievements
Broadband only internet which help it become mainstream in America
Halo Series
Splinter Cell Series
Elders Series
Fallout Series
Removable Hard Drives
Faceplates
Multiple types of Controllers
Downloaded TV Shows and Movies

I know I am forgetting shyt

Daps
Fanboys don't know when to stop and be serious.

Xbox started Hard Drives
Xbox OG let you stream any music and put it on any game
Xbox OG voice chats and voice masking
Xbox Live
Xbox Arcade
Making Call of Duty Popular
Mass Effect
Gears of War
Xbox Achievements
Broadband only internet which help it become mainstream in America
Halo Series
Splinter Cell Series