Do you think Microsoft has done enough to bring back the 360 gamers it lost to Sony.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
They have done nothing at all lol. People moved for the exclusives and Sony has already released a few good ones. Only time will tell and how well Microsoft does with Bethesda and Halo Infinite

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Nope, Dreamcast>Xbox>Xbox 360>PS4.

I bought my brother’s old ps2 just to play Vice City, only game I had on that console.

Old enough to drive 20 miles to wait inline at target get the OG Xbox after graduating high school.

So...you said all that just to say that you did own one afterall, lol.

And you def a weird breed of gamer in that case then.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
No it wasn't. Dreamcast was first and even PS2 had online. Sega invented it on the console space. Xbox renovated it.

I know Dreamcast started it but Microsoft made it what is was today and nurtured it. Made online only broadband when that shyt wasn't even in every household. Xbox also created achievements digital downloads etc.. Xbox made gaming what it is today. Sony was following typical Japan way of gaming and would of been what Nintendo is today without Xbox influence.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Even though i had a PSX/PS2/PS3/PS4/PS5 I also had a xbox original and xbox 360 and I also preferred the xbox360 to the PS3. People forget just how many good exclusive series were on the 360, Blue Dragon, Orange Box, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, Vesperia, Gears, Bioshock etc.

As of now I really have no desire to go back to xbox. I don’t really have a problem with spending money on a 2 or 3 games a month (more if they are on sale) so gamepass really doesn’t appeal to me, i also like the idea of keeping my games.

I also don’t like the general direction xbox is heading back into, which is first person shooter and/or service games. I don’t care about online multiplayer so a good amount of games they are showing just don’t appeal to me. I like single player narrative driven experiences, thats what i grew up playing with JRPGs. Thats always been my preferred gaming expereince. Even Microsofts rpgs are First person games, a lot of them just don’t appeal to me.

Maybe when starfield comes out i will reevaluate but absolutely nothing else announced exclusively for xbox is my lane

Last edited:
Daps
Y'all downplaying the 360 it was great when it had its run
Sony was able to build back their mindshare near the end of the gen only after being humbled
W/out MS and the 360 PS4 and PS5 would have been trash
Overpriced system and games with Sony's premium, delays until forever since no competition, arrogance, shytty online service, weak hardware etc.
MS forced Sony to switch up their whole approach after almost going under w/ the PS3
We wouldn't have the PS5 and Sony we have now without the 360 and Sony's bad decisions

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I say this every year.

The 360 gamers that they “lost” were never 360 gamers

Most of us had PlayStation 2’s

Sony took to long to come out, 360 innovated the online console space, and when ps3 dropped they apparently thought 599 was a great price ….

by the end of the gen must of us had already went back to or bought a ps3, ps4 E3 was the icing on the cake

Basically brother the 360 was just a rental
Facts.

When PS3 came out it was overpriced and a year late. By then 360 was already out on the market, was cheaper and online gaming was taking off and becoming more common in households. I bought a 360 right when Halo 3 launched and the rest was history. Xbox 360 was king during 2006~2012 I'd wager.

I remember arguing with friends at work back then saying the PS3 is a "luxury" console and no one would buy it especially since it wasn't popping like the 360. To make matters worse the PS3 often ran multiplats worse.

I finally jumped into the PS ecosytem in 2010 when the PS3 slim launched for $299. At the time what happened was that I had a 360 that was modded so games were abundant for me and the hood. Then, I ended up bricking someone's Xbox 360 while flashing it(I had plugged in the power cable to the disc drive wrong and it fukked it up.)

A few months later the kid wants the 360 since I broke his old one so I ended up giving my friend my 360 and i had no gaming console at the time except for a Wii. The Wii wasn't doing it for me so later that year I copped a PS3 with Uncharted 1 and that was the start of my PS Stan journey. Prior to owning a PS3 I had said Uncharted was wack. Well, that's what happens when deprivation of classic games is experienced.

I no longer was malnourished, I was satiated. I no longer felt like I needed a 360 and on top of that online was free and for the most part was similar enough that I didn't feel like I was missing out.

I had exclusives, I was able to play online games for free and those themes you could download for PS3 was so dope.

The only cons I could name for the PS3 was that the dualshock 3 was terrible, there was a lack of online communication since no mic was bundled with the system and the long install times were annoying for some games.

I bought Uncharted 2 a few months later and I was a changed man. It was like someone who got a whiff of some ass and was addicted. I couldn't stop playing it. Single player, multiplayer the game had it all. I no longer needed an Xbox 360(well I rebought it in 2013 for Gears 3 :mjlol:)

Man those early PS3 days on PSN was :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Facts.

When PS3 came out it was overpriced and a year late. By then 360 was already out on the market, was cheaper and online gaming was taking off and becoming more common in households. I bought a 360 right when Halo 3 launched and the rest was history. Xbox 360 was king during 2006~2012 I'd wager. I remember arguing with friends at work back then saying the PS3 is a "luxury" console and no one would buy it especially since it wasn't popping like the 360. To make matters worse the PS3 often ran multiplats worse.

I finally jumped into the PS ecosytem in 2010 when the PS3 slim launched for $299. At the time what happened was that I had a 360 that was modded so games were abundant for me and the hood. Then, I ended up bricking someone's Xbox 360 while flashing it(I had plugged in the power cable to the disc drive wrong and it fukked it up.)

A few months later the kid wants the 360 since I broke his old one so I ended up giving my friend my 360 and i had no gaming console at the time except for a Wii. The Wii wasn't doing it for me so later that year I copped a PS3 with Uncharted 1 and that was the start of my PS Stan journey. Prior to owning a PS3 I had said Uncharted was wack. Well, that's what happens when deprivation of classic games is experienced. I no longer was malnourished, I was satiated. I no longer felt like I needed a 360 and on top of that online was free and for the most part was similar enough that I didn't feel like I was missing out. Man those early PS3 days on PSN was :wow:

I remember i copped a PS3 specifically for Metal Gear Solid 4, by then i was on my 3rd 360 and just ultimately bushed it

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Xbox is really a platform for hardcore fans and some casuals. I don't think anything MSFT ever does will make Sony fans buy a Series X. If you notice it's way more Xbox fans who also have a PS5 but not vice versa where someone's a hardcore PS fan and they bought a Series X.

If you look at the top selling games, they're the hood staples such as COD, Madden, 2K and the occasional AAA title. Those titles usually aren't on Gamepass so they get sold the most on PS anyway.
OCaycNx.png

Most of these games aren't going to be on Gamepass anyway so a PS gamer has no real reason to get an additional console.

Tbf, the avg PS user doesn't buy their exclusives (the top exclusives get like 10-15% of the user base to buy it).

The avg Sony player is a casual, if MS keeps it up w/ GP and eventually adding uPlay, they'll get more ppl on. We also not factoring the xCloud app/tv stick in the works, a $100 streaming stick is a game changer for casuals(the Wii being so cheap was why ppl flocked to it).

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I know Dreamcast started it but Microsoft made it what is was today and nurtured it. Made online only broadband when that shyt wasn't even in every household. Xbox also created achievements digital downloads etc.. Xbox made gaming what it is today. Sony was following typical Japan way of gaming and would of been what Nintendo is today without Xbox influence.
First Xbox was extremely innovative and heavily slept on.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I say this every year.

Sony took to long to come out, 360 innovated the online console space, and when ps3 dropped they apparently thought 599 was a great price ….

by the end of the gen must of us had already went back to or bought a ps3, ps4 E3 was the icing on the cake

The day it was announced that GTA 4 was coming out on the 360 the same time it was on the PS3 AND with (timed) exclusive content turned a lot of heads towards the 360. Add the fact that Sony had their terrible E3 conference in 2006 and that really played in Xbox’s favor.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I say this every year.

yea this was me.

I couldnt afford a PS3, and gears was looking :shaq:

But honestly, the way MSFT nickled and dimed with the 360, i shouldve just gotten a PS3 :yeshrug:

I ended up getting a PS3 miday through the gen and my 360 RROD. I never bothered getting a nother one.

I did end up getting an xbox one after wards but I only bought a few games for it.

Daps
The day it was announced that GTA 4 was coming out on the 360 the same time it was on the PS3 AND with (timed) exclusive content turned a lot of heads towards the 360. Add the fact that Sony had their terrible E3 conference in 2006 and that really played in Xbox’s favor.
MS don't know how to maintain momentum
They should be doing what Sony is doing right now with the first party releases and second party deals