Do You Think FF16 Will Be A Sales Flop?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
???

I'm copping MG3 remake day one that game is a goat. pull receipts, people hyped. hell I may cop it on PC if it looks better there.

FF14 has been consistently the best MMO for years, FF7R was goated. Octopath 1/2 were greatly received. arguably two of the best classic JRPGS released in ages. Nier Automata. One of the goat gaming experiences. Triangle strat, great game for the genre. even fringe shyt like stranger of paradise has its fans/niche

This rhetoric that square has been releasing all trash is kind of hilarious. yea some of the shyt is mid but no one hits on everything and they release a lot of random shyt.

you just making up shyt, as per usual. If you actually played games you would know this, but I digress.
I didn’t make up the rhetoric.

I said i’ve been the one here defending against it. But it’s very clear there was a shift in how this board talks about sqaure enix once they started aligning with sony.

21 pages based off the PS5 exclusive rumor. 4 pages after the multiplat reveal :wow:

and there’s at least 3-4 more rumor threads full of hype.

Some how all that hype resulted in 4 pages of trepidation:wow:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It won't flop, but I feel it's dumb to release later on PC. I feel a major part about game sales is FOMO and being a part of the event. I Feel releasing on PC later erases that and the game won't perform that well there.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I didn’t make up the rhetoric.

I said i’ve been the one here defending against it. But it’s very clear there was a shift in how this board talks about sqaure enix once they started aligning with sony.

21 pages based off the PS5 exclusive rumor. 4 pages after the multiplat reveal :wow:

and there’s at least 3-4 more rumor threads full of hype.

Some how all that hype resulted in 4 pages of trepidation:wow:

You said square fell off. How is that even possible with ff14?

Octopath 2 came out just last year and its one of the best jrpgs released in ages :mjlol:

that mgr shyt IDK what you want from me. A 3 year old thread has 8 pages. okay????

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
It won't flop, but I feel it's dumb to release later on PC. I feel a major part about game sales is FOMO and being a part of the event. I Feel releasing on PC later erases that and the game won't perform that well there.

It sounds like sony assisted a lot with development so if folks want to play it they know where to go :yeshrug:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It sounds like sony assisted a lot with development so if folks want to play it they know where to go :yeshrug:

Development, marketing, etc. sounds like thanks to sonys help it will release faster than normal with better marketing than the past 3 entries.

Lambent55

All Star
Daps
You could get a PS4 for $250 or less when FF15 dropped.

PS5 is going to be $500 when FF16 drops, but most people who was going to get a ps5 these days already have one, so :yeshrug:

I'm going to wait for a PC release or a PS5 price drop. Most games I play are PC these days, so it's not worth it for me to get a PS5, that money is better spent going toward a new pc.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
but most people who was going to get a ps5 these days already have one

The PS5 is going to sell over 110M units, so how is this possible. People are still buying Nintendos OLEDS for ToTK in year 7

XVI is gonna move units, PS5 is still young, a lot of people had no reason to get it before XVI and Spider-Man 2

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You said square fell off. How is that even possible with ff14?

Octopath 2 came out just last year and its one of the best jrpgs released in ages :mjlol:

that mgr shyt IDK what you want from me. A 3 year old thread has 8 pages. okay????
Wasn’t me that said it.

Square been getting trashed on here for years :manny:

Octopath 1 was on gamepass and i NEVER heard any of you talking about it. 2 is playstation “exclusive” and now it’s the best JRPG ever :mjlol:

As for the MGR thread. It was very active all the way up until the day of the reveal. 100% facts if it was exclsuive we woulda got like 50 posts out of @Gizmo_Duck alone :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

And your ass would be in every one of those threads hating it with all your heart :wow:

Just like you’re doing now after saying you were gonna buy a ps5 to play this :umad:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, its a tricky situation, but I would've tried to release on both simulatoensly. It is what it is, but I feel a lot of money is left on the table when you release later on PC.