Do You Think FF16 Will Be A Sales Flop?

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
This shyt gonna sell a bunch whether it's good or bad. Some of yall are out of touch.
Nah it easily could end up like Forspoken if it was mediocre. Why would they be putting a demo out if the game was a sure thing? The game needs good reviews and word of mouth.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nah it easily could end up like Forspoken if it was mediocre. Why would they be putting a demo out if the game was a sure thing? The game needs good reviews and word of mouth.

Square puts out demos for all their games

I think its speaks to their confidence more putting out a demo. People could easily play that and hate it (like Forspoken) and not buy it.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
When we say "flop" ya'll clearly not keeping up with how Square is moving this entire generation. They put out demos for all their games, do frequent platform collabs, and marketing deals because they're typically rolling the dice with thin margins. So when i say it needs good reviews and word of mouth, it really needs that shyt lol. My point is Final Fantasy can't afford to have bad reviews.

Just because it sells 3mil out the gate doesn't mean much if its PS5 exclusive and gets bad reviews or sales drop off a cliff due to bad word of mouth. I think the game will be fine, I'm just saying the marketing budget is needed for these Square games. Final Fantasy in particular has to sell very well everytime it comes out.

Square puts out demos for all their games

I think its speaks to their confidence more putting out a demo. People could easily play that and hate it (like Forspoken) and not buy it.
its final fukking fantasy not some new IP lmao

even agito did numbers

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
When we say "flop" ya'll clearly not keeping up with how Square is moving this entire generation. They put out demos for all their games, do frequent platform collabs, and marketing deals because they're typically rolling the dice with thin margins. So when i say it needs good reviews and word of mouth, it really needs that shyt lol. My point is Final Fantasy can't afford to have bad reviews.

Just because it sells 3mil out the gate doesn't mean much if its PS5 exclusive and gets bad reviews or sales drop off a cliff due to bad word of mouth. I think the game will be fine, I'm just saying the marketing budget is needed for these Square games. Final Fantasy in particular has to sell very well everytime it comes out.

I mean, again…you’re kind of comparing square enix published titles from 3rd party studios to its A tier franchises they produce in-house.

Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and Kingdom Hearts are guaranteed to do well. Which is why Sony spent so much money getting the rights for it, they want to move consoles.

Its either going to do just aight, (around 6-7 million first year) or its gonna do playstation studio game numbers which is around 8-10 mill. It’s also being bundled so it has even less chance to fail.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
ff16 went gold in march :dead: yal be concern trolling low key by default over some of this stuff... its in that rare trajectory where its picking up more positive visibility after a delay too.

and bad reviews/trending bs mean fukk all these days. stranger of parade was a whole ass meme when the trailers and demo dropped - it charted as one of the best sellers of the month when it came out.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The Final Fantasy series of JRPGs consists of the following mainline games:

Final Fantasy XVI selling 8 million copies year one puts it at the 5th highest selling and fastest selling in the franchise. On one platform. By year two, with a pc port the only thing that would be above it is FF7

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
I mean i definitely see what y'all saying. And I'm not gonna argue against FF16 because we all agree the game will sell well and be reviewed well. My perspective is simply, take away all the marketing deals, collabs and previews and let the game release like ToTK or something (no demo, very little preview coverage, one trailer) and with bad reviews... its not moving the same amount of units. & I dont think Final Fantasy is a guaranteed seller. i think Square sets it up to succeed in a very heavy-handed and obvious way but we can agree to disagree.

There have been several poorly reviewed Final Fantasies, and when you look at them, Square either spent millions to either correct the game or get more money out of the people that already bought it. They literally can't afford a bad reception. imo. Now compare that to Pokemon or even Kingdom Hearts, they're not fixing shyt and its onto the next one.