Do you know anyone passing as a another race?

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Knew a filapino dude everyone thought was rican. he looked like bruno mars and already had a Spanish name. he was mad as shyt when he found out we all thought that tho

an old friend basically been living as a Dominican since high school. he's brown skin but for whatever reason has only lived in majority hispanic neighborhoods in both cities he grew up in so speaks good enough spanish. he married a PR, I bet his kids really think they half PR half dominican :dead:

MollyGalaga

+*++****+*+*+*=*++*.*+
Daps
Reppin
HTX
Not now, but back in the day my great grandma's cousins were all thought to be white & she was treated differently because she was dark.
Its interesting to see the dynamics change tho, my great grandma made sure to have her children educated then continue that along generationally

meanwhile the passing white cousins went back to black and hard too, to their own detriment.

The Gentleman

Always a Gentleman!
Daps
Reppin
Being a Gentleman
Nope, that being said I’ve never understood people who say shyt like “well I have a relative/friend who is very light with straight hair and blue eyes and they pass as white.”

If they can “pass as white” then MF they’re most likely primarily white. :dahell:

They are light skinned blacks. Some people have siblings much lighter than they are.

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought about this in that other thread where that guy stabbed and humped his dog, and how people were saying that based off his picture it would be easy for Hispanics to assimilate into "White", and I don't disagree with what that poster said, but I also remembered, haven't certain ADOS and FBA passed as white for decades if they were capable of doing it.

Personally, I most resemble Puerto Rican, but from a pride point of view, unless I was completely drunk or high, I just wouldn't feel comfortable even trying to pass as one just to smash some girl.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
What does this mean? a Colombian woman one of those Arabian types

khaled-200x210.png
Man there was a thread back in the day where I first seen this smiley. He kept using it after every sentence, had me in tears. Wish I could remember what it was

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Women usually do this culturally with ethnicity. I knew this cacette who wanted to be Argentinian so bad it was weird. Also knew a sister who's FBA but is false flagging.

Daps
I have/had two cousins, once removed, who live(d) as white people.

The story is, that the one no longer here, would let her mother "see" the grandkids by having her sit at a bench where the kids played in the park on some The Human Stain shyt. Not a glance or word was shared by each other on that bench while the kids played. Her birth name was Ethel Mae but had people call her Esmeralda or some shyt similar to that.

=====

The living other one is living out in Wyoming or Montana.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I got a homeboy that’s basically living his life out of Latino man right now. He got divorced from his black wife and married a Colombian woman one of those Arabian types.

Personally, I’m not mad at him he doesn’t look black American at all. (he’s a light skin black man) I think that always fukked with him. I think you should’ve went this route in the first place.

Do any of y’all have friends and family passing as white or Latino?
Rashida Jones