Do you know anyone passing as a another race?

Cyrus' Wife

Wife of a Warrior
Daps
Oh shyt! They made a movie about him right? The deep stain I think?

Yes, Anthony Hopkins starred in "The Human Stain" and my cousin (Anatole's daughter) wrote a book about her dad too....

7001831.jpg

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
My girl somewhat. She readily claims black (half black/white) and she never not claims her black side but at some point, she got tired of pointing it out and explaining that she is part black, unless someone asks. It's mostly because she looks white (think Annie Clark of St. Vincent fame when her hair was curly - they actually do look alike) and gets irate that people either don't believe her or make fun of her for it (the latter used to happen a lot growing up).

I get approached by people that speak Spanish to me as one of their own but I quickly let them know no habla español
This happens to me too. Apparently I look afro-latino. I don't see it but it happens too often.

MoveForward

Veteran
Daps
I work with a lady that is VERY fair skinned, like lighter that most whites and people have asked and she says she’s white. There’s something there though… Her roots are thick but she keeps her hair pressed, her nose is on the rounder side, her fashion sense is also black (black women and whites women have a different flare for fashion even while wearing pants and blouses), and THEN I saw her dance at a company gathering… She wasn’t dancing suggestively at all but they way she was moving was definitely the two step of a black woman.

Her husband is white and even her kids have some “niggra” in there, the son has curly hair.

Daps
So if you had a homeboy from back in the day day that I always got mistaken as something other than black and he threw his hands up and said “fukk it we still cool but I’m a make this move.” You’re not going to respect his decision?
I get mistaken as mixed all the time, but it’s almost always from cacs whose idea of blackness - in appearance and behavior - is driven by racism.

Your boy sounds like he enjoys the perks of appearing mixed.

:francis:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
My girl somewhat. She readily claims black (half black/white) and she never not claims her black side but at some point, she got tired of pointing it out and explaining that she is part black, unless someone asks. It's mostly because she looks white (think Annie Clark of St. Vincent fame when her hair was curly - they actually do look alike) and gets irate that people either don't believe her or make fun of her for it (the latter used to happen a lot growing up).

This happens to me too. Apparently I look afro-latino. I don't see it but it happens too often.
Sounds like she's in that same lane as Logic, lol

3rd Ward Swangin

Superstar
Daps
So if you had a homeboy from back in the day day that I always got mistaken as something other than black and he threw his hands up and said “fukk it we still cool but I’m a make this move.” You’re not going to respect his decision?
No, I have a home girl that's mistaken for several different races. Latinos be trying to claim her, she has creole ancestry. She's brown skinned and can pass for Ethiopian or Sudanese. She stands on her blackness when white people say racist shyt.

You don't look black or I didn't like black girl's, but I like you. They question her blackness like she's special. Both of her parent's are black. Her mother is really light skinned. She's the color of her father.

The Gentleman

Always a Gentleman!
Daps
Reppin
Being a Gentleman
I get mistaken as mixed all the time, but it’s almost always from cacs whose idea of blackness - in appearance and behavior - is driven by racism.

Your boy sounds like he enjoys the perks of appearing mixed.

:francis:

I’m not gonna lie to you other black people have always low key looked at him as an outsider. And Latinos always assume that he’s Latino like them. So I guess at this point he’s just doing his thing. I’m glad he’s found his happiness. He even got a baby girl out to deal. So going by the way he looks and his wife looks
you know that baby ain’t gonna grow up black.