Do you know anyone passing as a another race?

The Gentleman

Always a Gentleman!
Daps
Reppin
Being a Gentleman
No, I have a home girl that's mistaken for several different races. Latinos be trying to claim her, she has creole ancestry. She's brown skinned and can pass for Ethiopian or Sudanese. She stands on her blackness when white people say racist shyt.

You don't look black or I didn't like black girl's, but I like you. They question her blackness like she's special. Both of her parent's are black. Her mother is really light skinned. She's the color of her father.

I think Latinos have a hard time understanding the whole light skin black thing. To them you gotta be black black in order to be considered Black.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I think Latinos have a hard time understanding the whole light skin black thing. To them you gotta be black black in order to be considered Black.
They do have a hard time, in my experience.

They are also real funny about black people, they will claim up and down that they go through the struggle like we do but a lot of them look down on us anyway :francis:

3rd Ward Swangin

Superstar
Daps
I've been mistaken as Samoan and some type of Latino especially when I was fat. My mother has also, especially Mexican.

I've only interacted with Mexicans, because it's not a lot of anything else out here.

invalid

Banned
Daps
I have a cousin that is passing for white in California. His mother (white woman) killed her husband (my light skin white passing cousin) when she found out he was black. His son is technically biracial or an octoroon really but he eventually found out about his father, tracked down our family in Illinois in the 80’s then disappeared again. Haven’t seen him since but via google, it looks like he’s had a hard life. In and out of prison and still identifies at white.

Had a buddy in college that was passing. I seemed to be the only one that knew. White people cant tell and I went to a private PWI. Buddy works at Lazard and lives on Park Ave in the UES now.

I have a rowing teammate that is passing. To me it was obvious but I never said anything. To an untrained eye he does look white. A few years back he posted his dna results on his page and was confused to why he was 49% black. I made a snide remark under his comment that it was obvious to me and that he needs to take a keen look at his mother who looks like a black women (she looks Sicilian). His mother came out of nowhere and jumped on my ass and was like they are Native American, blah, blah, blah. :hubie:
He still identifies as white and we’re still friends. He’s cool and even before he found out still advocated for black rights.

Yep, I'm related to the late writer Anatole Broyard who unfortunately was passing for white for most of his young adult/adult life.

My aunt and uncle were old timers on MVY and knew him. I think he frequented there.

The Gentleman

Always a Gentleman!
Daps
Reppin
Being a Gentleman
I work with a lady that is VERY fair skinned, like lighter that most whites and people have asked and she says she’s white. There’s something there though… Her roots are thick but she keeps her hair pressed, her nose is on the rounder side, her fashion sense is also black (black women and whites women have a different flare for fashion even while wearing pants and blouses), and THEN I saw her dance at a company gathering… She wasn’t dancing suggestively at all but they way she was moving was definitely the two step of a black woman.

Her husband is white and even her kids have some “niggra” in there, the son has curly hair.

She probably just passing. That shyt still exist just like back in the day.

invalid

Banned
Daps
When people talk about Latinos, Puerto Rican’s, Dominicans, or South Americans, people need to understand that Black Americans are the same with respect to skin color.

We have white looking black people.
We have dark looking black people.
And we have every shade in between.

We’ve been conditioned however to see only the dark looking black people. It is those that are the most visible but there are others as well.

Cyrus' Wife

Wife of a Warrior
Daps
When people talk about Latinos, Puerto Rican’s, Dominicans, or South Americans, people need to understand that Black Americans are the same with respect to skin color.

We have white looking black people.
We have dark looking black people.
And we have every shade in between.

We’ve been conditioned however to see only the dark looking black people. It is those that are the most visible but there are others as well.

This is a good point. And I have respect for some of the people who passed for 'good' reasons. Not my cousin Anatole who passed for selfish reasons but selfless people like the Black man Walter White who was the NAACP president from 1929-1955 who at great risk to his own safety passed for white at times to investigate lynchings and to infiltrate the KKK on reconnaissance missions. His autobiography was very good.

30999797839.jpg

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I got a homeboy that’s basically living his life out of Latino man right now. He got divorced from his black wife and married a Colombian woman one of those Arabian types.

Personally, I’m not mad at him he doesn’t look black American at all. (he’s a light skin black man) I think that always fukked with him. I think you should’ve went this route in the first place.

Do any of y’all have friends and family passing as white or Latino?

so your homie hates himself huh :francis:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I work with a lady that is VERY fair skinned, like lighter that most whites and people have asked and she says she’s white. There’s something there though… Her roots are thick but she keeps her hair pressed, her nose is on the rounder side, her fashion sense is also black (black women and whites women have a different flare for fashion even while wearing pants and blouses), and THEN I saw her dance at a company gathering… She wasn’t dancing suggestively at all but they way she was moving was definitely the two step of a black woman.

Her husband is white and even her kids have some “niggra” in there, the son has curly hair.

you need to drop todays mathematics on her.

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
Nope, that being said I’ve never understood people who say shyt like “well I have a relative/friend who is very light with straight hair and blue eyes and they pass as white.”

If they can “pass as white” then MF they’re most likely primarily white. :dahell:

MollyGalaga

+*++****+*+*+*=*++*.*+
Daps
Reppin
HTX

leave it to coli nikkas to make the most dapped post one talking about "mulatto babble" like "negro babble" isn't any worse