Do you have/ever had big rims on your car?

Big Daddy

Fight or die fighting, no surrender.
Daps
I always try to go for the muscle car look. So nothing really outlandish from me. Police have been a constant though... And yes oversized rims can fukk up your transmission and suspension. You can't just throw 24s on a whip without compensation in other areas.

I'm sure it alters the suspension,

but how does it have any bearing whatsoever on the transmission :rudy:

Big Daddy

Daps
. No sudden increase in attention from women but I did smash a bunch of times in the back seat.

That tint life :banderas:

Edit: Couldn't picture a 98 Chrysler Concorde, let alone with rims..much better looking than I imagined. I've seen these cars around before, never new what model Chrysler they were :ehh:

chrysler-concorde-wheels.jpg

32329010026_original.jpg

Edit again: Looking at the pics, these cars aged very well too. These are '98 models posted and they don't look to far off from today's "look" of American car, relative to most vehicles made in '98. Well played, Chrysler :ehh:

Last edited:

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
I'm sure it alters the suspension,

but how does it have any bearing whatsoever on the transmission :rudy:
Because transmissions are geared to spin at a certain ratio. If you change how many evolutions your tires spin (getting bigger rims) it overloads the transmission. Cars are designed to run as efficiently as possible. When they leave the factory the manufacturer has not compensated or put the forethought into the wheels/gears spinning however many times -vs- what it was designed for. If you design a car to run on 18' rims and someone goes and throws 24s on it. that is a 30% increase in usage rate on the trans. It's no good.

Big Daddy

Daps
Because transmissions are geared to spin at a certain ratio. If you change how many evolutions your tires spin (getting bigger rims) it overloads the transmission. Cars are designed to run as efficiently as possible. When they leave the factory the manufacturer has not compensated or put the forethought into the wheels/gears spinning however many times -vs- what it was designed for. If you design a car to run on 18' rims and someone goes and throws 24s on it. that is a 30% increase in usage rate on the trans. It's no good.

No offense but that^ made no sense, and that's just based off of my limited mechanical knowledge of the transmission system. :wow:
Do you even know how transmissions work? :dahell:
Tire revolution:tranny gear ratio? :mjlol:
Just chill, man. :snoop:

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my camaro came stock with 20s
if i ever put rims on my car (i prob wont ever) i'd do somethin like this

attachment.php

vossen-vvscv1-matte-graphite-chevrolet-camaro-1.jpg

Kane1

Superstar
Daps
:whoo::whoo:Dodge Charger....20's
50eb52ca7aa43.image.jpg

Was going to add 24 but put the money towards engine work on that HEMI:jawalrus:

Once you get a taste of fast life you can't stop.....got my eyes on that hell cat edition

2015-dodge-charger-srt-hellcat-inline-1-photo-644439-s-original.jpg

:whoo::banderas: