Do you believe in marriage?

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Of course it's not impossible. But come on man, look at the numbers. If you don't believe the statistics, ask 20 of your friends if their parents were married, and see how many of the ones who weren't married still had both parents living with them by the time high school finished.

I used to teach/coach high school and middle school, and only about a quarter of my players had both parents living at home. Practically ALL of those families were marriages, more than 99%.
if you think signing a piece of paper called 'marriage' means someones bond is stronger as a family unit you sir are a fool.

most of my friends parents are un-married and fine.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
if you think signing a piece of paper called 'marriage' means someones bond is stronger as a family unit you sir are a fool.

most of my friends parents are un-married and fine.

If all it is to you is signing a piece of paper, then yes, it means nothing. :yeshrug:

I'm not sure who started talking about signing papers here though. :usure:

When I got married, and when just about all my friends got married, we had something called an "engagement" and a "wedding". And a hell of a lot more thought, planning, and affirmed commitment went into that than signing some stupid paper. :troll:

Claim whatever you want about your friends' unmarried parents, but the numbers are way against you. Kids whose parents don't marry almost never end up living with both parents through graduation. The odds are more than 95% against you. :wow:

Meanwhile, 70% of marriages are lasting 15+ years, and the divorce rate keeps declining. :ehh:

Sounds like SOMETHING is making a difference, no?

I don't really give a damn if you sign any piece of paper. But if you plan to have kids, promise to live with the kid until he's 18. You don't have to call it marriage if you don't want to, but you and his mother should make a freaking commitment so he doesn't get the shaft. Way too many kids ending up in foster or with their father not around nowadays.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If all it is to you is signing a piece of paper, then yes, it means nothing. :yeshrug:

I'm not sure who started talking about signing papers here though. :usure:

When I got married, and when just about all my friends got married, we had something called an "engagement" and a "wedding". And a hell of a lot more thought, planning, and affirmed commitment went into that than signing some stupid paper. :troll:

Claim whatever you want about your friends' unmarried parents, but the numbers are way against you. Kids whose parents don't marry almost never end up living with both parents through graduation. The odds are more than 95% against you. :wow:

Meanwhile, 70% of marriages are lasting 15+ years, and the divorce rate keeps declining. :ehh:

Sounds like SOMETHING is making a difference, no?

I don't really give a damn if you sign any piece of paper. But if you plan to have kids, promise to live with the kid until he's 18. You don't have to call it marriage if you don't want to, but you and his mother should make a freaking commitment so he doesn't get the shaft. Way too many kids ending up in foster or with their father not around nowadays.

that wedding and engadgment, are just over the top parties nothing more

I can only speak for myself, and I don't need to do a pointless lets live together for life party and sign a piece of paper.

how would the child get the shaft? so you can't make a commitment without signing paper? do you hear yourself?

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
women are so dumb they relate signing piece of paper and having a party, as a commitment,

like married people not cheating every day :mjlol:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Im neutral so if the lady Im with wanted to then Id do it for her.