Do you believe in marriage?

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
I feel the same way about marriage as I do about religion in general, the criminal justice system, and the Baseball Hall of Fame:

splendid idea, but only as good as those in them.

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Yes, I do. no amount of Coli posts, stats, etc are going to change my mind that one day I will ask a woman that I find amazing to be my wife.

and she's gonna be black:ahh: Dark, light, lil chubby, skinny, whatever. if she's right, she's right:obama:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
It's foolish to believe one has out all figured out.

I'm man enough to admit; most my trepidation is based mostly on the "losing (divorce)."

I grew up in it and see it everywhere.

But, like most things; the negative side seems to scream louder.

Tilesp4p

All Star
Daps
I would love to get married and have a family, but men don't feel restrained by society to stay faithful anymore so it's probably not going to happen. I've tried to stay with a cheater before and I just can't do it.
I'm a hopeless romantic though so I'll probably end up falling for someone else's lies and divorced with 2 kids.
:mjcry: keep yo head up...its still some good ones out there

Kokoro

Passion
Supporter
Daps
Absolutely not. I dont see why we have to get married to be monogamous. You need religion hanging over your head to be faithful?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I've said it before I could do marriage, I could maintain my vows, I could have tunnel vision only for my wife, I could remain loyal, loving to one woman till the day I die, regardless if she becomes obese, sick etc.. But can she?

Yeah everyone will say their loyal, compassionate and all that other hogwash but until they are tested or faced in a situation where temptations arise you can't certify them.

What's going to happen 5, 10 years from now no one knows. What's going to happen if you have an autistic kid, if you can't have children, if you lose your job.

I worked in a family court for almost a decade and I saw daily mon to friday men getting hosed (and a few women to), honest good loyal people dealing with infidelity, women feeling "different", men breaking down and crying losing their families.

Bla bla choose the right one, I'm sure most men did their research, people change like the wind.

fatherlessness, broken homes, blended families is an epidemic though and it's sad but :ehh:

the only thing that hasnt made me throw marriage in teh bushes 100% is because of my parents and my sister.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I would love to get married and have a family, but men don't feel restrained by society to stay faithful anymore so it's probably not going to happen. I've tried to stay with a cheater before and I just can't do it.
I'm a hopeless romantic though so I'll probably end up falling for someone else's lies and divorced with 2 kids.

I've never cheated, I believe in monogamy. Bother genders have to deal with the poison.

the thing is this cheaters want a faithful person, just like abusers want soemone they can abuse.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That black economic dream isn't going to come true with majority single parent family's. Marriage is very important to developing a strong community.
you're a complete idiot if you think the option is single parent family or married family

I know couples in 50's never been married and have amazing families.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
With rising divorce rates, do you still believe in marriage? Do you think it's necessary?

Whole premise is wrong. Divorce rates peaked in the late 1970s. There hasn't been "rising divorce rates" since before you were born.

As of right now, 70% of marriages from the 1990s have at least made it to their 15th anniversary.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/02/u...ut-the-myth-lives-on.html?_r=0&abt=0002&abg=1

I think if you want to have kids, get married. Kids deserve both parents in their life on a regular, day-to-day basis at least until they graduate high school, and that rarely ever happens with unmarried parents. Not saying it's impossible, but it's not going to happen 90+ percent of the time.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
you're a complete idiot if you think the option is single parent family or married family

I know couples in 50's never been married and have amazing families.

Of course it's not impossible. But come on man, look at the numbers. If you don't believe the statistics, ask 20 of your friends if their parents were married, and see how many of the ones who weren't married still had both parents living with them by the time high school finished.

I used to teach/coach high school and middle school, and only about a quarter of my players had both parents living at home. Practically ALL of those families were marriages, more than 99%.