• Total voters

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The universe is chaotic and very violent. Supernovas, Magnetars, Pulsars, Black Holes, planetary collisions, and so much more. The universe is far from being an orderly well-designed place.

Why are any of those things examples of poor design? That's like claiming a pyrotechnics show was poorly designed because some of the stuff blew up. Until you know what was supposed to blow up and what wasn't, you haven't shown poor design. All that violent stuff is background noise to most people, and a really cool show for a few select astronomers, but the fact is that without the laws that cause those things to happen, we wouldn't even exist.

The universe is far more orderly than it really has any right to be. The laws of the universe are extremely precisely fine-tuned in order to allow life to form. Physicists disturbed by this tend to try to hand-wave it away without ever having come up with an actual mechanism - that's why they have postulate infinite universes, either via simultaneous multiverse or continuous cycling, to explain how one universe came out so perfect. Despite, you know, not having the slightest evidence for either of those.

"The laws of science, as we know them at present, contain many fundamental numbers, like the size of the electric charge of the electron and the ratio of the masses of the proton and the electron. ... The remarkable fact is that the values of these numbers seem to have been very finely adjusted to make possible the development of life." - Stephen Hawking

I'm not saying that this is a "proof" of God or anything. But whatever explanation you want to make of it, the universe is extremely well-designed and other sets of physical constants would have precluded life or even much going on in the universe at all.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Yeah, but they didn't believe in the one that you do :sas1:

That was forced upon them by Europeans too :sas2:

Some of them by force, and I think that's always wrong and usually counterproductive.

Quite often it had nothing to do with force at all. In fact, in many cases Asians came to believe in a Christian god despite having to face quite a lot of persecution and social ostracization in the process. How many Asian nations were ever even ruled by a "Christian" European country that forced conversion? Barely a handful if that. And across Asia Christians have probably been the targets of more persecution by tyrants than any other faith.

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Why are any of those things examples of poor design? That's like claiming a pyrotechnics show was poorly designed because some of the stuff blew up. Until you know what was supposed to blow up and what wasn't, you haven't shown poor design. All that violent stuff is background noise to most people, and a really cool show for a few select astronomers, but the fact is that without the laws that cause those things to happen, we wouldn't even exist.

The universe is far more orderly than it really has any right to be. The laws of the universe are extremely precisely fine-tuned in order to allow life to form. Physicists disturbed by this tend to try to hand-wave it away without ever having come up with an actual mechanism - that's why they have postulate infinite universes, either via simultaneous multiverse or continuous cycling, to explain how one universe came out so perfect. Despite, you know, not having the slightest evidence for either of those.

"The laws of science, as we know them at present, contain many fundamental numbers, like the size of the electric charge of the electron and the ratio of the masses of the proton and the electron. ... The remarkable fact is that the values of these numbers seem to have been very finely adjusted to make possible the development of life." - Stephen Hawking

I'm not saying that this is a "proof" of God or anything. But whatever explanation you want to make of it, the universe is extremely well-designed and other sets of physical constants would have precluded life or even much going on in the universe at all.
Do you not know that any of those examples can end life on this planet? A Supernova within 50Ly can kill us. A Magnetar can rip our planet apart with its extreme magnetic field. Asteroids and comets can cause ELE events. Blackholes can wander across our path. Quasars can sterilize our planet from thousands of lightyears away. There is nothing orderly or well-made about our universe. We live in a soup of chaotic possibilities, and any one of them can be a benefit or bane under the control of no one.

Also, multiverse theory covers the seemingly fine-tuned nature of our universe. In an infinite number of universes, some portion of that infinite will be able to sustain life.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Why is your name baal?
I get asked this a lot on here so I'm just going to quote some older posts. But in short as a regular noun it just means lord.

So everytime baal shows up in the Hebrew before English transliteration it's referring to the Canaanite diety? So king saul named one of his sons after the Canaanite diety according to you? As well as Baal perazim in Jerusalem?

Not to mention basic grammar proper nouns have to be capitalized.

The word baal in herbrew simply means lord. Anyone can be a lord. Which in the hebraic sense just meant owner, ruler, or a husband.

King Saul son in the bible is named Eshbaal. Esh in hebrew meaning man so Eshbaal is Man of the Lord. 1 Chronicles 8:33

King David even named a Mountain in Israel Baal Perazim.

2 Samuel 5:20 And David came to Baalperazim, and David smote them there, and said, The Lord hath broken forth upon mine enemies before me, as the breach of waters. Therefore he called the name of that place Baalperazim.

Baal just means lord. The proper noun can refer to deities. King David actually named a place in ancient Isrrael after Yah called Baal Perazim. King Saul also had a son named Ishbaal. Prince Gideon was called Jerubbaal.

0UooybB.jpeg

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
Naw, I don't believe in a creator diety or any organized religion, depending on your definition of god

Studying Black history and history in general made me an atheist; we're not hebrews, moors, aboriginals...etc. Our ancestors practiced vodun, which is as ridiculous as any other religion misinformed brehs online and IRL claim; shyt's all a game of telephone with folktales

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
No, that's precisely the problem, and a valid question to ask.

If the answer to that question is unknowabale, why would you believe this? If there is literally no logical answer, what compels one to believe something that is obviously not evidently true?

That's a rhetorical question, because I know the answer already (a combination of indoctrination, and fear of death). But what I'm saying is, you have no real, tangible, independently verifiable evidence that thing exists.

The only reason believers don't like this question is precisely because they cannot answer it. They have answers for everything except that. Don't you find that interesting???

THE ANSWER IS THAT YOURE A FUCCING IDIOT