• Total voters

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
That's great.

I did answer and I'm more than satisfied with my answer. I'd do it again Birdman. I'll even quote some scriptures for you if you like brotha.

Well, as long as we are in agreement that you have no *logical* answer, I'll press no further.

I don't have smoke for believers, but y'all like to pipe up, so :yeshrug:

Another question? He was doing his will.

:russ:

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Well, as long as we are in agreement that you have no *carnal* answer, I'll press no further.
Yup, what's understood doesn't have to be explained.
:therethere: However, You didn't say no to the bible verses so I'll post this one for ya.

Romans 8:7 NIV
The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
You didn't say no to the bible scripture question

To be honest, I completely missed that.

But let me be clear-- to me, the bible's worth is the lessons you take from it, figuratively. As with all myths, there are some general, basic truths-- do good, punish evil, be kind, rewind.

As for taking it literally, I'd sooner use the pages as toilet paper than use it as a guide for my life. You know, because of all the actually bad shyt in it?

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
I believe in God.

I do think that science and God can still be linked and they are not at odds with each other. We know so little about the universe and science, and theories such as the "Big Bang" doesn't somehow mean God doesn't exist. Frankly I feel God fills in gaps in talks like that

QBN

All Star
Daps
This is a non-answer.

I can say exactly the same thing about the universe- it's always been.

A claim was made-- the universe is "well designed" (it's not, like AT ALL). Therefore, the logic must match-- where did god come from, if the universe is too complex to have existed on its own. Because that also means god is too complex.

Answer the question without circular reasoning and begging the question
This has been my issue as well. Believers say God solves the problem of infinite regress...non-believers say the Big Bang solves it, but it doesn't really explain how you can get something from nothing, or who created the Creator. At this point it's :yeshrug: since it's an unknowable topic. Believe whatever helps you become a better person.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
To be honest, I completely missed that.
I'm sure you did brotha that Romans 8:7 played out in real time. And just like Christ when he would do miracles and heal people right infront of them some got it and others completely missed it.

But let me be clear-- to me, the bible's worth is the lessons you take from it, figuratively. As with all myths, there are some general, basic truths-- do good, punish evil, be kind, rewind.

As for taking it literally, I'd sooner use the pages as toilet paper than use it as a guide for my life. You know, because of all the actually bad shyt in it?
That's an interesting take. You're a very smart brotha and one of the best 2022 posters imo. I enjoyed talking with you.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
With this year alone...yes

• Expose who truly cares of my family and I
  • Gave us shelter when we were down bad (hotels, our shytty in-laws, homeless shelter)
  • Provided a way of escape from my wife's shytty job that treated her like she was a face:mjpls:
  • Help me get my book published (yes it sold like butt but that's a milestone for most folks that just sit in front of work not being processed)
  • Helped us be sane during our time of sleeping in the car (able to wash, eat, and survive before the miracle happened)
  • Helped put it on the hearts of Coli brehs to save us from our biggest downfall
  • Provided a apartment to call our own and folks willing to help us with furniture
  • Finally got us out of Georgia into Koalabama
  • Found a church that is not on some other shyt (even the pastor is not perfect)
  • Finally helped me get baptized (long overdue)
  • Gave me back my wants and needs
  • Saved our marriage and my relationship with my son
  • Help my wife through the car accident that she was in (the car was wrecked but we hoping to get a new car with favor from a dealership)
Yes, there are moments where I question God, but this year alone made me realize that God is Able. He did the impossible and made folks mind blown of how we overcame such tragedies. You can't tell me a single thing of God's worth because it weighs more than the strength of man.

I am truly blessed to be able to say that I am a proud believer.

Now if the almighty can speed up this international/space thing so I can head to Eucalyptus Nova...that would be sweet:ehh:

Ganso Bomb

All Star
Daps
That begs the question-- where did your god come from?

If you think the universe is "too complex" and "well designed", surely your god is too, meaning he has to come from somewhere, no?

:manny:
God is eternal. He exists outside of time and space, therefore having no beginning or end.

Asking "Oh, then who made him?" is a pointless question because not only do you have no way of answering it, you naturally have to then ask "Well who created the one who created him?" and so on. You're creating an endless chain of asking yourself the same question over and over with no way of answering it. Logically, there has to be an Uncaused Cause and since you can't give an answer beyond God, you have to stop there.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This has been my issue as well. Believers say God solves the problem of infinite regress...non-believers say the Big Bang solves it, but it doesn't really explain how you can get something from nothing, or who created the Creator. At this point it's :yeshrug: since it's an unknowable topic. Believe whatever helps you become a better person.

Yes. But the thing is that the universe actually exists.

We can see, smell, touch, and taste the universe. It makes more sense to take a naturalistic position since there's evidence it actually exists in the first place.

We only have a book that says a god exists, and the only evidence we have the book is true is the book itself.

In other words, begging the question, a logical fallacy.

:hubie:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You know, I always took you for a rational dude.

But this... yikes. :why:

Curious, what's your background in physics and thinking within and outside of spacetime? Like, have you ever wrestled with those concepts in a college context or anything similar?

First of all, you're making assumptions here-- no one (scientists) says the universe "created itself"-- that's a strawman. The current position of cosmologists is that the universe has always existed in one form or another, and may be a part of an infinite parallel with other universes.

There is no "current position of cosmologists", they're all over the map on this issue, have literally no proof or even evidence of any answer, and aren't anywhere near a consensus. There have been many who do believe that the universe created itself via quantum fluctuations. Because of the lack of evidence to support their theories, the ebb and flow of the discourse tends to follow contemporary philosophical fads rather than actual new developments.

Now, intellectually, such a position is obviously bullshyt for the reasons I already gave. Which is why some of them jump to the crutch of infinitely successive universes, each creating the next in turn. But not only is there zero evidence for this, to claim that such universes can track back infinitely and don't need to have a beginning is just to hand-wave the problem away. Why would space-time even exist at all in that scenario? What would determine that there be any physical laws in the first place? It's the most ridiculous juelz because they can't explain how the finite spacetime we're well aware of could track back infinitely, so they just say, "Because I say so, and I don't have to explain it", even though that justification doesn't hold for any other natural phenomena that actually has to follow the laws of said spacetime it is within.

Second, a supernatural being by definition cannot exist in nature, otherwise, it would be natural. As far as I'm aware, the gods of man interact with men, thereby making them a paradox-- they are no longer supernatural if men can hear them, for example. Their voices can only be heard if there is a medium, such as air. That, by definition, would make them a natural being, hence the paradox.

Why would a supernatural being not be able to interact with the natural world? You just made up that definition. I'm not a digital person made up of 1s and 0s, but I can interact with digital worlds just fine. There's no inherent reason why something supernatural could not interact with the natural as it chose to.