DJ Envy and Cesar Piña accused of real estate fraud and scamming - FBI ARRESTS CESAR PĨNA FOR WIRE FRAUD

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
When you day one budden fan and tell people he be knowing what he talkin anout….

This actually makes me more inclined to believe Envy just got finessed and didn’t know better.

Back when budden was being clowned for being a failed rapper he was always talking about real estate, way before it became trendy for that culture or for rappers. That’s likely why Envy went to him
Lol

Envy only went to him to recruit him.

Joe doesn’t even own a house 😅😅😅

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
My boy runs that company. I told him to be careful with who he associates with. Celebs be on some scam shyt too much. Stick with the proven credentials nikkas only

That’s not happening. A man with credentials is probably a square man with a college education who will tell them money doesn’t come overnight.

The EYL audience wants to see a flashy black man with a questionable past who has 100k+ IG followers, and can promise a 20%+ ROI in a couple months.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Caesar told him to use OPM (Google it), that’s when you reach out to people with more capital than you. Him reaching out to budden should tell you a lot about Budden’s bread
Envy is just an idiot. OPM means lenders such as banks. It doesn’t mean asking people you know who have some money to give it to you.

Joe Budden isn’t a person I would look to ask to invest in a real estate project. As others have mentioned, he doesn’t own a home and has no track record of investing anything. Just having cash doesn’t make someone a good investor. What it does make is a good candidate for a Ponzi scheme.

OPM is typically getting loans from hard money lenders so in case your investment doesn’t work, it’s not your personal funds, it’s the bank’s.

OPM in the exact sense Envy and Cesar described it, is a Ponzi scheme. Taking Peter’s money to pay Paul.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If Envy really thought Cesar had a portfolio of $50 million from using everyday people’s money to buy and flip properties, he deserves to be held responsible for being that stupid.

This isn’t 1924 with two white guys opening up a hamburger stand with some cash from their uncle and turned into a billion dollar franchise :pachaha:

He’s stupid for even thinking a man who looks and acts like Cesar owned “3000 doors”.

I refuse to believe a grown man with a Hampton degree is THAT dumb. Envy caught wind of the scheme, realized he had money tied up and that he could get paid out first, which is why he got into promoting courses and pitching to his friends.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
If Envy really thought Cesar had a portfolio of $50 million from using everyday people’s money to buy and flip properties, he deserves to be held responsible for being that stupid.

This isn’t 1924 with two white guys opening up a hamburger stand with some cash from their uncle and turned into a billion dollar franchise :pachaha:

He’s stupid for even thinking a man who looks and acts like Cesar owned “3000 doors”.

I refuse to believe a grown man with a Hampton degree is THAT dumb. Envy caught wind of the scheme, realized he had money tied up and that he could get paid out first, which is why he got into promoting courses and pitching to his friends.
Exactly. At the minimum he should be held liable for not doing his due diligence and checking his business partners background before putting his name beside his and using his name to recruit big money clients.

I personally believe he knew the scheme and wanted to be one of the few at the top of the pyramid who got paid

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Joe Budden isn’t a person I would look to ask to invest in a real estate project. As others have mentioned, he doesn’t own a home and has no track record of investing anything.

Bro just say you don’t know.

Joe budden was SPECIFICALLY known for having a real estate side hustle years ago. Back when a rapper having a side hustle was viewed as he was unsuccessful/broke

Unfortunately a search for ‘Joe budden real estate’ only pulls up the envy clip but I did find this:

Though he is thought of as one of rap’s most skilled lyricists, Budden’s success outside of the mixtape circuit has been marginal purposely. He is known to have invested in real estate in North Jersey and instead of blowing up into the rap scene he decided to make money from other methods.

Edit: what am I thinking I’ll just search this very community of hip hop heads to see what he was was ‘known for’

He got onto the real estate game after he left Def Jam.

He got paid off Pump it up initially but unlike a lot of dumb rap nikkas he got into other shyt. I remember somebody saying he was worth like 15 mill even before the reality show shyt popped off from doing real estate.

From 2016 :ufdup:Like bruh he was known for turning to real estate I thought that was common knowledge.

OPM is typically getting loans from hard money lenders so in case your investment doesn’t work, it’s not your personal funds, it’s the bank’s.

OPM in the exact sense Envy and Cesar described it, is a Ponzi scheme. Taking Peter’s money to pay Paul.

That applies to you and I. You and I don’t know 3, 4millionaires we can call right now. At Envy’s level he’s not borrowing, he’s ‘getting partners’. So again, that part is not fraud nor does it make a ponzi scheme. What made it a ponzi scheme was intentional fraud, like promising non existence properties

JealousOnesEn_V

HTX Certified
Daps

Joe budden was SPECIFICALLY known for having a real estate side hustle years ago. Back when a rapper having a side hustle was viewed as he was unsuccessful/broke

Unfortunately a search for ‘Joe budden real estate’ only pulls up the envy clip but I did find this:

Though he is thought of as one of rap’s most skilled lyricists, Budden’s success outside of the mixtape circuit has been marginal purposely. He is known to have invested in real estate in North Jersey and instead of blowing up into the rap scene he decided to make money from other methods.

Edit: what am I thinking I’ll just search this very community of hip hop heads to see what he was was ‘known for’

From 2016 :ufdup:Like bruh he was known for turning to real estate I thought that was common knowledge.

That applies to you and I. You and I don’t know 3, 4millionaires we can call right now. At Envy’s level he’s not borrowing, he’s ‘getting partners’. So again, that part is not fraud nor does it make a ponzi scheme. What made it a ponzi scheme was intentional fraud, like promising non existence properties

Joe doesn’t know anything about real estate and has never purchased properties until recently. Do you listen to the pod?? He has mentioned this multiple times.

He talks about being broke up until he turned 37 all the time too. :dahell:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Joe Budden himself admitted he was broke all throughout the 2010s. He was broke during Love and Hip-Hop and the early podcast years.

I remember reading all of the “oh he’s into real estate” blah, blah, blah. It’s just not true. Tahiry was paying the bills for a long time and they both admitted that. Joe is clueless about real estate investing.

Envy was asking for investors, partners, whatever you want to call it because he wanted to get more money out the deal. By Envy’s own words, Cesar owed him money as well as other people, but Envy still actively recruited people to “invest” with him. That’s because he knew the only way to get his money out was to get other people’s in.

Do I think he knew out the gate it was some BS? No. Do I think he knew as time went on it was some BS? Yes.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Investors get into syndication literally all the time. You put money into a “fund” for a group to buy properties and you’re entitled to a cut. The business logic is sound. Cesar was just stealing nikkas money.