Divorced Breh’s: How Is Your Life after The Split?

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'll add some context for you bruh ... Life is fukin amazin after divorce bro ... just make sure your bread is tight ...
Little while after I got divorced, got into a new relationship i guess to help mask the pain and the drama ...

My ex-wf and I met in college, were friends for like 2 years before dating. Dated officially 2 more years before getting married. We never lived together before marriage. Her parents wouldnt allow it. I had my own place where she spent plenty of nights. Weird, her parents were dead set on not living together but she can stay at my place all week when she wants to.
We got divorced after about 6y and 1 child. She really wasnt 'wife' material in the sense she sorta really wanted a 'best friend' type dedicated to her only.
We never really connected emotionally after getting married, couldnt really finish each other's thoughts for ex, no terms of endearment and sex was a chore. More often that not, wasnt worth the effort.

After divorce, life is good bruh. Officially started passport stamping from Latin America to SE Asia. Had a tons of short term girlfriends locally and even some with benefits situation.
There are times when I missed being in a relationship and being able to connect on a deeper level with one person but by and large, it aint that serious.

Enjoy your life homie
Why did you marry her in the first place?

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
When my first marriage ended
I felt like an utter failure :mjcry:
I always compare it to being a white bytch in a horror film
RIP to X:wow:
It’s like you seeing everything you hoped for and actually accomplish
Deteriorating and you can’t do shyt to stop it
Counseling, Date Nights, Conversations, all that shyt wasn’t enough of a band aid at the end
My ex and I are better for it but she wants that old thing back I can’t give her
Funny enough I would get married again:russ:
Had absolutely no plan on doing that shyt again
But I met a woman I haven’t felt like this about since 05:mjcry:
But I also understand this won’t last forever
It’s just the nature of the beast
Shes definitely my last relationship
Either death or just growing apart
Don’t have the capacity to love like this again
When this shyt ends(I pray to white Jesus every night it doesn’t)
I’m off to the plains of Oklahoma

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
I'll add some context for you bruh ... Life is fukin amazin after divorce bro ... just make sure your bread is tight ...
Little while after I got divorced, got into a new relationship i guess to help mask the pain and the drama ...

My ex-wf and I met in college, were friends for like 2 years before dating. Dated officially 2 more years before getting married. We never lived together before marriage. Her parents wouldnt allow it. I had my own place where she spent plenty of nights. Weird, her parents were dead set on not living together but she can stay at my place all week when she wants to.
We got divorced after about 6y and 1 child. She really wasnt 'wife' material in the sense she sorta really wanted a 'best friend' type dedicated to her only.
We never really connected emotionally after getting married, couldnt really finish each other's thoughts for ex, no terms of endearment and sex was a chore. More often that not, wasnt worth the effort.

After divorce, life is good bruh. Officially started passport stamping from Latin America to SE Asia. Had a tons of short term girlfriends locally and even some with benefits situation.
There are times when I missed being in a relationship and being able to connect on a deeper level with one person but by and large, it aint that serious.

Enjoy your life homie
I will never understand how a person can marry someone without living with them first.

:salute: that your life is good now.

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
When my first marriage ended
I felt like an utter failure :mjcry:
I always compare it to being a white bytch in a horror film
RIP to X:wow:
It’s like you seeing everything you hoped for and actually accomplish
Deteriorating and you can’t do shyt to stop it
Counseling, Date Nights, Conversations, all that shyt wasn’t enough of a band aid at the end
My ex and I are better for it but she wants that old thing back I can’t give her
Funny enough I would get married again:russ:
Had absolutely no plan on doing that shyt again
But I met a woman I haven’t felt like this about since 05:mjcry:
But I also understand this won’t last forever
It’s just the nature of the beast
Shes definitely my last relationship
Either death or just growing apart
Don’t have the capacity to love like this again
When this shyt ends(I pray to white Jesus every night it doesn’t)
I’m off to the plains of Oklahoma
Your ex wife wants to get back together? From what I’ve seen that never works.

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
MgZVJUP3E57SKEQiEEd9HUsGFFQ8RUYWMVyhkGtzP9k.png
Why are Lenny mems always the funniest :mjlol:

Vodun

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Prime creator

Enjoy your life homie
breh you pretty much summed up my divorce. Life is fukking amazing and now I'm traveling to Thailand in July to be on demon time with my other homie who went through a divorce.

OP life gets better for men as we get older if you keep self improving. to many women in the world to be tripping off one. I'm 37 with a 7 year daughter I have full custody of :blessed:

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
When we initially separated in 2018, we were still living together but allowed each other to date other people. While the prospect of new women while going through what I thought was a break was fun, this was probably the biggest mistake I made. I had no business trying to date other people while still being married.

shyt got real when we both moved out the house we were renting at the end of 2018. It's humbling when that feeling of your hopes, dreams and goals crumble when you walk into a cold, empty apartment. I never sought treatment by a professional, but I was legit depressed from 2019 until the divorce went final at the top of 2021. I self-medicated with casual sex, weed and alcohol.

On top of that, I had to go through this on my own. I feel like people don't care what happens to men when we are going a divorce. Women seem to get the most sympathy.

After the divorce went final, I met someone and entered a relationship with them at the end of 2021. I definitely wasn't ready, because a big reason why that relationship failed was because I wasn't healed from my divorce.

I went into this year determined to focus on myself and why my previous relationships have failed. Also made a commitment to not have casual sex and to wait until I'm in an actual relationship.

With my divorce being two years old, my wounds and ego are healing but I have my moments. I take it a day at a time. Being around people helps and being around women in non dating settings have opened my eyes on my previous attitudes towards women and relationships.

Long story, short: going through a divorce sucks, and people are lying if they tell you otherwise.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Divorces do suck especially the timing of them can be really hell from experience
I had custody of my kids when I got divorced just timing of it was horrible for me with everything I was going thru and how I found out about the affair but I did see the divorce coming tho regardless
I felt free and light as feather tho cuz I knew it was the right thing to do
I eventually got remarried and had more kids in long run
Going on 13 years of marriage with current wife

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Best decision ive made in my entire life. Better than joining the military young to set me up with my connections, better than making all of that money in the market, better than me finally going to school now to get my bachelors. Getting divorced from my first wife literally saved my life. There is absolutely nothing worse than waking up to a woman every single day who complains about something you did, are doing, or what she think you will do. A woman can absolutely break a man down and feel trapped. I was in a really really bad mental place and didnt care about my health or safety during those times. Finally a broke free and it took some time to recover but ive been happy for years. No depression, no stress, no drama.