Disney on that Fresh Prince wave

Moody

Faroole ii geeya
Daps
Reppin
Puntland
why can’t they have Roma gypsy love interests that look like them. The point in hand is that black women noticed a pattern and were vocal about it when it concerned them, in exact, when Princess Tiana was released.

Thanks goodnight

Esmeralda is based on the character of the book written by Victor Hugo. She's a Roma gypsie with a full blooded French mother so she's actually depicted in the Disney film a little differently than she probably looked. Phoebus her love interest is also from that book.

The other girls all had the love interests their books mandated or geographically made sense.

Also want to point out for context that the princess and the frog, moana, and aladdin were directed by the same 2 dudes. They had a fixation with ethnic stories right from the get go and I think learned from the princess and the frog ordeal to just focus on the princess herself.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
I named them because when Princess Tiana came out initially, Black women called out Disney for the white Saviour Complex they have noting the aforementioned Disney characters also had white male love interests, and they were not here for it.
Damn lie, on the old IMDB boards, black women were crossing their fingers for the prince to be nonblack, let’s not change history here. When they casted a white Brazilian for the role, the entire board jumped for JOY, and had a celebration. Only one black men was objecting and thinking about the young black boys and how they are perceived. No one cared about how young black boys would look at this. Unfortunately I can’t pull it up now.

But we are really sitting up in here bytching about a white owned media corporation who had a history of racism towards blsck people “white-washing” a character black people don’t own and control??

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
:ld: I mean they did silk down her nose and lips. But the skin color looks the same to me

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
They said it was CGI different graphics etc
Well why was someone with no budget able to come out with this?

2mq68w4.jpg

*Crickets*
Ohh her hair, it look so soft and coily... it’s like I can almost smell the shampoo and conditioner.