Disney leaves Netflix and announces new ESPN streaming platform will NOT feature NFL or NBA content

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Hockey, Baseball, and Tennis:hhh:
ESPN dont have hockey

They do have college football and basketball.

Aquiring those TV contracts are beyond the budgets Netflix has since they're already spending so much on original content.

TV contracts would fit better wit major league companies like Amazon, Facebook, Google, and Apple.
for sure, but you see the point I am making.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
who is to say Netflix or Facebook or Twitter wont be competing for those TV contracts in 5-6 years?
They'll def be in the mix even sooner than that. Amazon already made a move with that one Thursday game this year, Verizon bought Yahoo.

Google, Apple and Facebook are plotting for sure. ESPN/Disney's just gonna have to get their streaming service in order by then and pay up.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Disney really think they can compete with Netflix who spent years building his clientele.
Let see them crash when no one will pay an extra 20 dollars for a movie already seen everywhere for free..

This

If my kids want to watch a Disney show or movie I'll just stream or dl from 1 of the millions of free site's out there. I don't get the move.

And when NBA AND NFL is up again I can bet Apple, Google, Netflix, Amazon, Facebook will be major player's.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
matrix_by_pan11235-d5xdrth.gif

:yeshrug:
Malta, Kamp, Cold Blooded and 1 other person dapped this.

Live nikkas respect

VeeuXZb.png

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Facebook live stream NBA games... chat going to be brazy
:wow:
thats exactly what they are aiming for.

Constant engagement with what is on TV and real time conversations with people all over the world.

There is a really good chance ESPN and other cable networks will lose the sports rights war.

They preparing us for that limited web shyt

Where u pay for social media shyt, pay for news shyt, pay for everything
I guess, but we gonna act like cable/satellite isnt the TV version of that? There used to be a time when you could watch every channel on TV for free.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Netflix has a strangle hold on the streaming game. majority of ppl aren't going to pay for multiple streaming services.
I pay for 4 with Netflix, WWE Network, Crunchyroll and UFC Fight Pass. Going to cancel UFC as when they started, they used to put some pretty big fights on there but they stopped so no reason to have it.

Cord cutters take an L.

High speed internet- $59.99
Netflix- $9.99
HBO Now- $14.99
Disney/ESPN- TBD
WB- TBD
DCEU- TBD

Might as well get a cable at this point :francis:

Plus you have companies with these data caps that can fukk you over on streaming. Although, some are increasing their limits. Still :camby: to data caps at all

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
And just like that the streaming bubble popped

You nikkas that are 25 and up that could have invested in Netflix years ago must be hurting

I'm hurting like hearing about how bad a bytch used to be in her prime back in the day but not fine at all today