Disney leaves Netflix and announces new ESPN streaming platform will NOT feature NFL or NBA content

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's why it's best to own content. Streaming services swap out product at will. Streaming is good for easy preview & to see movies like Blockbusters....but if you really like something buy a physical copy!!!

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
matrix_by_pan11235-d5xdrth.gif

:yeshrug:

Daps
Yeah the whole "oh what a dream it'll be to have a la carte channel options" shyt is one of the most parroted but ultimately meaningless tropes there is... We're already at the point where a la carte just means paying the exact same money for far less selection and integration/convenience... $40/$50 broadband internet plus Netflix/Hulu/stand-alone ESPN/etc is more or the same as a cable/internet package

I just hope all these content providers don't all start their own separate streaming services and fukk up OTT pay services like DirecTV Now... It's what I use at the moment and I easily see shyt like a separate Disney service ruining it...I used to use psvue, then they lost Viacom and it had to be bushed
I couldn't agree more. What good is it to the consumer if we are paying 30 bucks for each individual channel?
I'm worried this is going to be like the cell phone industry after Bell Atlantic split up and everywhere figured prices will begin to drop.
:stopitslime:
Meanwhile the average phone bill is damn near $100 a month.

Last edited:

BAMBA

The Menace
Supporter
Daps
Not sure about a Disney streaming service, since most people I know (including me) usually BUY Disney movies for their kids. There's really nothing for me to stream...

:manny:

Curufinwe

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Brussel
Disney really think they can compete with Netflix who spent years building his clientele.
Let see them crash when no one will pay an extra 20 dollars for a movie already seen everywhere for free..

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
It probably won't have NBA and NFL to start because they can't due to current contracts...but doesn't mean that it won't happen down the road.
who is to say Netflix or Facebook or Twitter wont be competing for those TV contracts in 5-6 years?

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
who is to say Netflix or Facebook or Twitter wont be competing for those TV contracts in 5-6 years?

Aquiring those TV contracts are beyond the budgets Netflix has since they're already spending so much on original content.

TV contracts would fit better wit major league companies like Amazon, Facebook, Google, and Apple.