Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny (PC, Switch, PS5, PS4)

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
NIS isn't doing well financially. Any exclusive will just get them some money timed or not.
That's why they've been portng their games to PC. D4 just went up on game pass.
If it needs to be on Switch for a while let them rock:manny:

The problem is that these games are getting ported long after they are dead and gone. And it seems like D3 and the other PS3 Disgaea won't be getting ported which sucks.

It's almost getting like Kingdom Hearts where you need 89 consoles to play the series. :mjlol:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
You gotta keep in mind Disgaea games in particular are not cheap to make and NIS is a small company in financial trouble. Their games are super niche and like or not Nintendo players tend to support these niche products more than Microsoft and Sony. It wasn't a problem in the PS2 and PS3 days but it's clear as each generation costs rise and the Switch/3DS players are buying the bulk of their product.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
im so happy they switched i up with 3d graphics at least. It's the only thing that kind of interest me.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You gotta keep in mind Disgaea games in particular are not cheap to make and NIS is a small company in financial trouble. Their games are super niche and like or not Nintendo players tend to support these niche products more than Microsoft and Sony. It wasn't a problem in the PS2 and PS3 days but it's clear as each generation costs rise and the Switch/3DS players are buying the bulk of their product.
Do they really cost that much to make?

As far as I remember, all their games have been sprite based.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Do they really cost that much to make?

As far as I remember, all their games have been sprite based.
they are but they have several gameplay systems working at once and a lot of content, with complete narratives. I haven't been able to finish any of them

Last edited:

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
Switch exclusive???? :pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::fire::fire::fire:

This is the third damn series that Nintendo has stolen from me. Wack ass switch.

“We’re starting to do more on Nintendo Switch. SNK Heroines is not the only one. They support us in a good way. Compared to that, Sony is not friendly with small publishers like us. They just care about big Japanese companies.
MCV April 2018

Switching Gears. :mjgrin:

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa

InconsequentialEasygoingBarb-size_restricted.gif

JitteryHideousAustralianfreshwatercrocodile-size_restricted.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’ve played every disgaea but 4 and i’ve never played the post game which is the main reason people play these games.

I get too bored of games after a while if theres no big end goal