Disco Elysium Final Cut Reviews

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just finished the game.
Man this game sucks. :mjlol:
Freakin snooze fest
the entire time and the ending was straight basura. You mean to tell me after all that investigating THATS who was the murderer???
Boooooooo
The only moment that actually felt fun in this game was the shootout at the end. That was the only moment I felt my choices were about to have some story changing consequences.
Did some googles and apparently I got the best ending on my first run.

at the bold—I came to the same conclusion 5 minutes into the game lol

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
So many ways this game could have actually been dope.
I stuck with it hoping one of my many theories would actually be true and for nothing because the resolution of the whole thing was out of left field like crazy and felt rushed and pointless.
I was really hoping they would go the Fight Club route
I was really starting to wonder, and hope that Harry was the killer the entire time and as his investigation went on he would discover that going through the mental trauma of it all erased his memory. Another theory/wish I had was that either A) Kim was the killer and was stringing Harry along to manipulate the investigation or B) That Kim was a figment of Harry's imagination the entire time. Those are just some of the outcomes that I had in mind as I played through the game that I feel like would have made the story WAY more interesting and would have taken everything over the top instead of just revealing that after 20 hours of boring questioning, the killer was some random old guy on an island that had nothing to do with the previous 20 hours of interrogations. They could have done so much more with Harry and used his memory loss in much more meaningful ways.
Side note: This game probably has the most tedious gameplay loop of any game I've ever played. And this is the main point I think the devs failed. You have to remember this is a video game. What you do with the control in hand has to be fun.
Running back and forth in such a relatively tiny map for the entirety of the game asking every single npc questions hoping to unlock a new question sucks.
There is no variety what so ever in the game play. Just walk to an npc, be presented with 10 dialogue choices, go through every single choice and their corresponding sub-choices and move on to the next npc. Some of the conversations can take upwards of 30 minutes. It's insane.

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
at the bold—I came to the same conclusion 5 minutes into the game lol
You're smarter than me.
My wife asked me the other night what I was playing and she said it looked interesting.
I said "It's not" and she says "Then why are you playing it?".
"Because it's BARELY interesting enough for me to see where the story goes and I've already put in too many hours to not see it all the way through. I'm basically gonna throw 20 hours down the drain so I don't have to feel like I threw 5 hours down the drain".
I'm a glutton for finishing crappy games and then enjoy complaining about it like a hypocrite. :mjlol:

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Who dafuq plays this game for the murder mystery aspect??? :russ:

You play this game for the writing, the ambience, the OST and the sheer uniqueness.
I mean...to each his own on what they enjoy...game was boring as hell to me but in regards to the OST?
Come on man...I got sick of this depressing track by the second time I heard it

Seriously, this game is overhyped like crazy by the people that love it.
That song right there plays on a non-stop loop every time you walkthrough the main area, and since the totality of the game takes place in the same 3 or 4 small areas, you easily hear the same song 30 plus times in a single play through.
I'll give you this...the game's story would have made for an interesting book (even though the conclusion is complete garbage in any format).

As a video game, the gameplay loop of:
Slowly walk here
Talk to every npc
Slowly walk over there
Talk to every npc
Slowly walk back to the area you came from
Talk to every npc again

is just straight obnoxious. It's like devs forget that the game itself has to be fun.
I really can't get over how terrible that ending was. You spend what? 25 hours or so with this game? Going through the excruciating exercise of selecting endless dialogue options, researching barely interesting plot and character developments only to find out in the end that the killer was some random guy on an island instead of one of the 20 people you spoke to non-stop for 25 hours? Miss me with the social commentary of the whole thing. The story was trash

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
the writing is what I didn't like about this game
6ydcul.jpg