Disco Elysium Final Cut Reviews

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
How's performance on PS5? I've been hearing mixed things, seems like the recent patch fixed most of the issues??

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
How's performance on PS5? I've been hearing mixed things, seems like the recent patch fixed most of the issues??

I think it’s a mixed bag for people, theres a big patch coming out soon, (might even be today) that fixes a few things. So far with me, I’ve had inconsistent frame rate, one blue screen crash, two load screen hangs, some audio stutters, and other minor stuff. Some people say it’s worse for them.

It’s not as bad as something like wasteland 3 or cyberpunk or any other CRPG on console launch, for me.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I was vaguely interested in this but not for fukking $40...I’d pay $10-15 at fukking best

It’s on sale for 30 and it’s a great deal if you like these types of games. It’s sitting at a 91 on metacritic and won 4 awards at the game awards.

I mean, it’s not for everyone either, it’s a narrative game, so if you want action you’ll probably be disappointed

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
I mean, it’s not for everyone either, it’s a narrative game, so if you want action you’ll probably be disappointed

Everyone wondering about this game needs to read this first.
There's no combat. It's a DnD/cRPG where the combat is replaced by dialogue. Your character stats dictates what your mental state is and what choices you have to make.

The most impressive balancing aspect of the game to me is If you invest in a certain stat too much it works against you. If you keep investing in being detailed your character will start reading too much into details and come to the wrong conclusions.

If your looking some high-level intellectual shyt this is it.

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
There is none lol this isn’t a typical CRPG game. I’d be better to think of it as a click n point crime game with stats.

Wow. Saved me $30. So this is just like a Visual novel type game?

Edit: just read @Saint1 post above. That might be kind of dope. Might give it a try. How in depth are the skill trees? Don't want anything too intricate. Kind of prefer better graphics if the game is focused on story telling but I like the art style of this game.

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
God damn you are like everything wrong with modern gamers.

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

this game must be exclusive to sony on consoles for this bytchy nikka to overreact like this...lemme check

*edit*

yup...timed exclusive on PS4/PS5 on consoles lmaooo :russ:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

this game must be exclusive to sony on consoles for this bytchy nikka to overreact like this...lemme check

*edit*

yup...timed exclusive on PS4/PS5 on consoles lmaooo :russ:

I mean, its been out on pc for like two years

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Wow. Saved me $30. So this is just like a Visual novel type game?

Edit: just read @Saint1 post above. That might be kind of dope. Might give it a try. How in depth are the skill trees? Don't want anything too intricate. Kind of prefer better graphics if the game is focused on story telling but I like the art style of this game.

The skill trees are super in depth lol its like the most complex part of the game. Like @Saint1 said, not only are all your skills constantly activating during conversations but if you over invest in them they can be detrimental, but even that adds depth to the game. You can play the game like Monk

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Bought it on PC but not a PC gamer. I might scoop it again if/when I get a PS5

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
can't even ask certain questions, cause the answer gives me -1 morale, and then it's game over :sadcam:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I was vaguely interested in this but not for fukking $40...I’d pay $10-15 at fukking best

Didn't you get cyberpunk off stadia? I had a $10 credit from them and was able to get this game for $20 yesterday. Seems like a perfect fit for playing on a laptop too.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Didn't you get cyberpunk off stadia? I had a $10 credit from them and was able to get this game for $20 yesterday. Seems like a perfect fit for playing on a laptop too.

I ended up requesting a refund once I found out that it played just as well if not better on the XSX...I will just wait for a better discount/sale...have no idea why that triggered dude so much :rolleyes: