Disco Elysium Final Cut Reviews

The Realist Perspective

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m kinda tight... i ran into a bug that won’t let me progress my police quest. I’m gonna wait for the patch to fix it as I don’t feel like starting over or waiting any more days without doing it

fukk I think I've ran into the same one...

Your car being submerged. You go to interact with it but you cannot. It even appears the textures won't even fully load correctly.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Gizmo_Duck did they fix that glitch yet? this game is third in my rotation...gonna finish up death of the outsider...then control before I get to this but I remember that glitch you mentioned that impeded your progress

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I've played about 6 hours of the game.
The premise is interesting but man is it a slow burn.
I knew it was a narrative driven game from the jump but the amount of exposition is overwhelming.
I'm already getting a feeling that choices don't really matter in this game too. With things happening at specific times in the game, your left with nothing to do but ask every single npc every single question.
I was hoping there were entire conversations I could circumvent but it doesn't appear that way so far.
It's like watching a crime drama but instead of skipping time for the sake of fitting within a 2 hour limit, you legit have to sit around and fill your day with random tasks to wait for the actual important missions to take place.
The game is just barely interesting enough for me to continue.
I'm 50/50 on bushing it at the moment.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've played about 6 hours of the game.
The premise is interesting but man is it a slow burn.
I knew it was a narrative driven game from the jump but the amount of exposition is overwhelming.
I'm already getting a feeling that choices don't really matter in this game too. With things happening at specific times in the game, your left with nothing to do but ask every single npc every single question.
I was hoping there were entire conversations I could circumvent but it doesn't appear that way so far.
It's like watching a crime drama but instead of skipping time for the sake of fitting within a 2 hour limit, you legit have to sit around and fill your day with random tasks to wait for the actual important missions to take place.
The game is just barely interesting enough for me to continue.
I'm 50/50 on bushing it at the moment.

I love this game and one of my favorite games, and underrated.

I will say this. You're solving a murder. The murder happens the same way no matter what your choices in character development are, and the killer is the same, the suspects are the same, the progression of the investigation is generally the same (there will be variations depending on) but however choices do indeed matter, for example, I went into a certain scene without a weapon, and multiple characters were killed off for good, and though out the remainder of the storyline my character kept commenting on their pain. The main plot kinda stays the same, but choices in the sense of how much knowledge you have going into a situation, or who lives or dies, or what you notice about certain things.

When I played 2nd playthrough with different Harry personality, Harry will end up being a different person. You'll get different background information, hear different feedback on your choices. The dialogue options are completely different and I've had to handle several scenarios than my first playthrough

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I love this game and one of my favorite games, and underrated.

I will say this. You're solving a murder. The murder happens the same way no matter what your choices in character development are, and the killer is the same, the suspects are the same, the progression of the investigation is generally the same (there will be variations depending on) but however choices do indeed matter, for example, I went into a certain scene without a weapon, and multiple characters were killed off for good, and though out the remainder of the storyline my character kept commenting on their pain. The main plot kinda stays the same, but choices in the sense of how much knowledge you have going into a situation, or who lives or dies, or what you notice about certain things.

When I played 2nd playthrough with different Harry personality, Harry will end up being a different person. You'll get different background information, hear different feedback on your choices. The dialogue options are completely different and I've had to handle several scenarios than my first playthrough
Who the hell is Harry?
:sas2:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
You need to put the bottle down just like Harry so you need to get your memory back :mjpls:
While I'm complaining for the sake of complaining...I actually shelved The Quarry for the same reasons.
I like narrative driven games but goodness, can they please do something about the pacing?
The Wolf Among Us, Until Dawn, The Walking Dead Season 1, amazing stories.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Just finished the game.
Man this game sucks. :mjlol:
Freakin snooze fest the entire time and the ending was straight basura. You mean to tell me after all that investigating THATS who was the murderer???
Boooooooo
The only moment that actually felt fun in this game was the shootout at the end. That was the only moment I felt my choices were about to have some story changing consequences.
Did some googles and apparently I got the best ending on my first run.